XXV

‼️Same skies (A mafia romance), is out now‼️

DEXTONS  pov -

The next day when I woke up in morning because someone was poking me.

I opened my eyes and saw Anna giggling looking at me.

"Good morning sweet heart" i  greeted  and Anna wished me back but I pulled her small body onto mine and held her tightly.

"Dadda I don't want to sleep" she mumbled to which I only hmmed. Anna got out of my hold and ran out.

I  close my eyes again only to be woken up a soft touch on my face.

I did not open my eyes because I immediately knew it was Cassy.

She took off the hair from my face brushing them aside ,  I always loved it when Cassidy played with my hair.

Her Finger combed my hair stirred a bit by mistake and the moment I did Cassidy pulled back her hand.

She shoke be as I pretended to wake up.
"Get ready for breakfast" she said and got up and went to the dressing table to comb her hair.

"Since when are you trying to wake me up?"I questioned "I just came and the moment I shoke you, you woke up"

I did not reply to that when I was married to Cassidy we used wake each other up in our own way.

I would drop kisses all over her face until she woke up and gave me a smile.

And she would run her fingers through my hair murmuring love words.

We both or at least to me she was my power.

Her smile was what I would start my day with and end my day with.

My world revolved around her, she was my happiness she was all I needed.

It's not that I did not trust I didn't even trust the fućking photos the media showed trying to prove that she cheated.

I belived in her. But when she lied to me and my trust broke.

Till today no one knows the whole truth about our divorce. I never shared the truth with anyone.

To the people around the world I was bad but I am okay with that because let's face it even today my morning starts with her.

I don't let anyone one into my walk in closet because her clothes still hang in there.

Her smell has gone but her remembrance in still there.

And I survive on it. On our anniversaries I go away from the city in my farm house because nobody comes there.

Each year I paint another portrait another memory through which I could live with.

It comforts me thinking that she is there .

No one knows the truth and I don't allow anyone to see my pain I don't allow anyone to see the farmhouse which has pictures of her only her.

In that house it's just me and my Cassidy no one else.

Just me and my love.

So yes to all the people I am bad, ruthless or cold hearted and I accept that because I don't show anyone my weekness.

People or even my family think they know the reason of our divorce but no they don't.

People don't see anything and I don't allow them.

But Cassidy ruined it all, everything we had.

And she still acts as if she has no clue why our divorce happend.