Finale"

The forest we entered was oak-brown and primitive. The grasses we stepped on were crackly beneath our feet because of the recent dry spell. We were in awe of the size and majesty of the trees. Their knotted arms rose ever upwards, as far as my head could lift. They were hoary fortresses and stood proudly. The orchestra of birdsong we could hear from them suddenly stopped. A pair of jays was screeching high up in the canopy of the trees. Jays are the scavengers of the bird world. Their cruel, corvid eyes are always on the lookout for a feathered meal. In the winter, they raid squirrel stores for their nuts, often damning them to starvation.

They drifted across our vision in a flash of flesh-pink and warlock-black, trying to size us up. That was the last we saw of them, as they are a furtive bird, full of suspicion.
The morning stars peeped down at us like silver asters, glinting and shimmering. They looked happy in their solar-silver isolation. We could see wild basil growing freely on the clumpy, mossy mattress of the floor. The simpering wind carried a fragrance with it. It was spirit refreshing to smell the mulchy mix of the forest's perfume. We ate a few windfall apples and they were mead sweet with a bitter twist. It was only after we got the stomach cramps that we regretted it.

"Ugh man we should've have eaten those" he chuckled as he held onto his stomach.

"I know now I feel like I need to throw up" I chuckled with him.

After taking some medicine that I packed we seemed to be in better shape that earlier and it worked quite fast than other medications out there.

"Want to walk some more?" He ask interesting his fingers with mine.

"Sure" I said not even feeling tired one bit.

Finally reaching our destination we spied a gem-blue stream in the forest. It was sleeping and dribbling as it swerved through the trees. It jumps for joy over the timeworn rocks. I heard once that rivers are the arteries of the forest. This one was sparkling like tinsel. The fluttering butterflies drifted over it lazily. I bent my head down to drink from it. It was very stimulating. The aroma of the forest was very powerful. I plucked a few berries and they were lush and fruity to the tongue.

"Beautiful isn't it?" He said taking me to sit on his lap as he took a seat on a huge log.

"Super pretty" I said placing my arms around his neck while his hands pulled my leg closer to him.

"Is this where you come and just forget about everything?"

"Mmhm..me and JungKook would come here whenever we have lots of things on our mind. It's a quiet serenity for us to just focus on our selves and not the others for awhile."

"But JungKook would come here often..alone" he said keeping his eyes on the lake.

"Hopefully my reading about him doesn't come true..he may be a hard egg to smash but I hope that he finds happiness other than doing what he does best."

"Yeah well we'll see what the future holds for him." He said.

The two stayed quiet simply admiring the scenery in front of them. Everything was going smoothly till Alice had to keep glancing at V from time to time, she wanted to tell him something but she doesn't know how to begin.

This news would surly devastate him as soon as she speaks about it.

Yet she had no choice but to tell him sooner before he finds out the wrong way.

"Hey V.." Her lips began to tremble in nervousness.

"Yes?" He said turning to look at her.

"U..uhm..I ..I uhm."

"What's wrong?"

"I'm ..I'm going to be leaving soon."

"What? Where you going?"

"Places...it's going to be a long time that I'll be able to meet you. So I'm just going to spend my days with you till I reach that place.." She smiled weakly placing her head on his shoulder slowly crying.

"B-but you c-can't just go..your special to" He said, he didn't really understand what she was coming from but that simple word made her grip on his shirt tighter.

"Thank you..." Was all she could say.

~~

December 19

The sun shone brilliantly and the virescent colour of the spring day under it's glare was offensively bright and cheerful. It was as if they conspired to show me how the world would go on without her. It shouldn't. Everything should be as grey and foggy as my emotions, it should be cold and damp with silent air. But the birds still sang and the flowers still bloomed. I walked through the churchyard like a silhouette of myself, wishing I really was as insubstantial as the shadows so that my insides might not feel so mangled. As I took a pew near the front the long held back tears began to flow. I was not ashamed. I loved her. Now she was gone a light had been extinguished forever in my heart. I sat in my silent grief and awaited the start of the funeral service.

A pat on my shoulder caused me to look around and it wasn't my brothers but one of JungKook's girl..she was divinely beautiful in her black dress on adding a choker to top off her elegant features.

"A-Areum" I said, surprise she would show up in these kinds of situation.

"Hi V nice to see you again." She smiled.

"I'm sorry for the loss of your girlfriend." She said looking at the coffin. She then walked towards it and place a white rose on top of it bowing then walked back to me.

"Thanks for showing.." I said not knowing what else to say.

"I didn't want to come, but JungKook insisted plus my brother said I should pay some respect." She shrugged.

"Well it's nice of you to come anyways." I simply said.

"Sure no problem" she said

I then bowed once more at the coffin placing a teddy hear on top. "When your lonely and you need comfort think of the teddy bear as me. It will never leave you nor make you cry ever." I said smiling a bit knowing that's she's finally in a better place.

Suddenly a hand linked in with mine, and I flinched at the gesture. I looked to see Areum already holding my hand causing my cheeks to rise up from her action.

"Pl-please don't do this while my dead girlfriend is watching" i whispered.

"She told me to hold your hand and to keep it safe forever" she said leaning her head to my side.

"Let's stay forever Kim Taehyung..." Areum said as she looked at me happily. I then realize that the girl that Alice was talking about was incredibly Areum the whole time. Alice may not be the one..but she gave me the one. She gave me something to smile everyday and to keep me happy from now on. She was definitely a good friend of mine..actually the only friend I had. And I was thankful for giving me a reason to smile again.

________________________
~END~

Thank y'all so much for reading this book. It's a very short fanfic and I'm sorry that it has to end this quick. Though I hope you enjoy this story even if it's not the best thing you have read so far. Huhu..anyways thank you guys for commenting and reading and voting. So read my other V fanfic 'Blind' as well.

I bid you farewell ~~