Chapter 6: Danger ahead!

Saira's P.O.V

What the hell did I just do? Did I really kiss Li? I must be really tired since I've done that.
The rest of my shift, I kept staring at the sea. It was pretty calm and my eyes were about to close when I heard the alarm. I guess it was already 5 am. Half an hour later all lights were on and the calmness disappeared. The crew was awake and very noisy. I still couldn't believe, I was the only woman here. When I was in the Fire Nation, there were a lot more women. "Good morning Saira!", I heard someone yell behind me. I nearly had a heart attack because it was like someone shouted at me. I turned around to see a chaotic Haku running towards me. "Good morning, Haku, how did you sleep?", I greeted. "Great since you and Li took over the night shifts. I felt so save in your hands.", Haku yawned and scratched his head. I couldn't help myself but giggled. Haku told me that I should freshen up and eat and that he would take over his shift. I nodded and went downstairs to my cabin. Deep in thoughts, I didn't realize, I bumped into something. As I looked up, I saw Li. "Good morning, Lieutenant Li. I hope you slept well.", I greeted. Li nodded: Very well, thank you. How was your shift?" "Peaceful." Li just nodded and we parted our ways. As I opened the door to my cabin, I saw a letter on my bed:"Thank you for giving me more time to rest. See you at breakfast?
-Li"
I smiled at his letter and made myself ready for breakfast. As I finished, I walked upstairs. I smiled as I saw Li but suddenly Haku ran towards us. "P-pirates!", he coughed. Li and I immediately ran upstairs. As we reached, I showed the captain another way to avoid the pirates and Li told the crew to be ready in case they attacked us. When we were about to turn left, suddenly something exploded under the ships. They were prepared and suddenly I remembered, who the pirates were...

Iroh's P.O.V

As the mine exploded, I could hear several people jumping on ship. They captured us. I looked over to Saira but she was already running downstairs and I followed her. "Wait for their captain! Fight as many people as you can meanwhile!", Saira yelled and attacked the pirate who nearly killed her. "Don't let them go in!", I shouted to my men. Suddenly I could feel a something in back. Damn! I got hit! I pulled out the knife and attacked the one who just stabbed me. Just when my men and woman were about to win, a voice raised:"Ah, ah!" As I saw up. I saw an older man. He was about 45, had messy hair, was dirty and had eyeliner applied. "You can't capture my men! You're at my territory!", he said. "Well Sir, you attacked us and damaged our ships. We had no other choice.", I stated. The man walked up to me. He was smaller than me. Then he smiled and I could smell his bad breath and see his yellow teeth. "Since you're here, I have every right to do that. Your ships are mine now.", he grinned.
"I think you've forgotten, that you're wanted and that we can arrest you right now, Captain Jack.", Saira stated. Jack turned around and looked at Saira with surprise. "Ah, I know you", he grinned and walked up to Saira,"but I can't remember where I saw you." "We have a lot of time Jack, you can think as long as you want, honey.", Saira provoked. The captain walked around her and checked her out, watching every inch of her face carefully. "Your lack of memory is disgusting. I still don't get why you're the captain and not Maurice.", Saira looked him into the eyes. Jack laughed:" Now I know who you are! I would recognize that sharp tongue everywhere! You're Minho's little girl!" Minho? The General Minho? Saira nodded and Jack pulled her in a hug immediately:"You've really grown, my little pearl!" Saira didn't seem to care about his bad breath and smell. She hugged him back instead. As they pulled away Saira had her big, beautiful smile on her face:" You've changed too, Jack. Esme finally managed to cut your hair. Looks hot, by the way."
Jack laughed and walked to me:"My name's Jack. I'm the captain of this crew and I'm sorry for attacking your fleet. " "I'm Lieutenant Li, it's a pleasure to meet you, Captain.", I said.
Jack offered us to repair our ships and to stay at their base. Saira asked me to come to her cabin when I finished talking to Jack. As she said that, Jack had a huge grin on his face. I rolled my eyes behind his back and went to Saira's room. She was looking for something as I entered. "Can I help you?", I asked. Finally she looked up:"Yes you can. Take off your uniform and wait until I found the ointment." I did as she said and waited. "So...you two know each other?", I broke the silence. "You mean Jack and I? Yes."

"I didn't know you were friends with pirates. Did you plan to take this route?"

"First of all, yes I'm friends with pirates. Second, yes I actually planned this route but I have forgotten that the contract didn't include the United Forces."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I will tell you an other time. Now I have to heal you", she said as she found the ointment. "Don't tell me, you're also a waterbender."

"I would love to be the Avatar, but I'm not.", she answered, then she applied the ointment on my wound. A small, blue fire was burning on her palm and as she brought it near, I stood up:"What are you doing?"
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing."
"Are you serious? You're not a waterbender. I think you didn't notice: water and fire are not the same!"
"Okay, fine. I'll let you bleed. No problem.", she said madly.
I sighed: "Fine."
She continued and I could feel pain for a few seconds but it vanished as fast as it appeared. She kept repeating the step. Applying ointment and healing.
After repeating it for the 28th time her cure turned red and she asked me to look at my wound and brought a mirror.
"See? I agree it hurts more than being healed with water. But the pain only lasts for a few seconds and your wound will heal faster."
I nodded. It looked horrible but Saira was right. It didn't hurt anymore. I could see Saira in the mirror. She kept staring at my back and was lost in her thoughts. Suddenly we heard a knock and and saw Jack's head peeking in. "We're here", Jack smirked. Saira, whose rosy cheeks were red now, walked out of the cabin immediately.
As she left, Jack still grinned:"Did you two have fun with each other?"
His grin still didn't fade, so I asked:"What do you mean by that?"
He nodded to my uniform. "She was just healing me.", I explained. "Sure, Prince Iroh.", Jack grinned.