T w e n t y T w o

T W E N T Y   T W O

「  T  W  E  N  T  Y   T  W  O  」

:

I Don't remember much of how I got home last night, but I do know is that I barely made it through the front door and that I honestly felt like my soul was going to leave my body, blanketing me in the cold clutches of death.

I lay against the bitter cold of my aunts hallway, the blood from my wounds either dried up on my face or a new feature upon the hallways dusty old rug. She would of said it adds a mysterious character to the rug, a story.

A hiss left my lips as I sat myself up a little to quickly, the ache of my body crying out as I leant against the wall, shuffling into a more comfortable position. My head tilted back pressed against the wall, a sigh leaving my lips as I felt the rawness of the large gash in my upper thigh relieving itself of my own blood.

Groaning I tried to pull myself up, just enough to reach the kitchen to get the first aid kit. But my attempts to stand where pointless, everything burned.

" Looks like someone had a rough night."

Kat

"Hello Kat" I winced as the gash on my leg began to throb uncontrollably. "What are you doing here?"

She stood in the doorway, a small sympathetic smile on her lips as she strolled past me towards the living room.

" You might want to check the news."

Struggling to stand I managed to shuffle my way into the lounge, my bottom lip on the verge of bleeding as I made my way towards the old leather armchair, the cushions sunken in on themselves.

Kat flicked the television on, tuning into the news.

" Last night at the annual Wayne Enterprises charity auction the Joker and Harley Quinn gate crashed the event holding the entire hall hostage. Not before guests say a hooded woman came and disrupted the robbery."

"Uh oh..." I mutter as I can feel Kat gaze on me. My eyes wearily looking up to here.

" I wish I could explai—."
"Save it." She said sternly folding her arms across her chest, shutting off the TV. "What you did last night was reckless, clearly you didn't get out without injury, hopefully you've learnt a lesson." The disappointment in her voice thick as she continued to stare at me. Her tantalising glisten in her cold stormy grey eyes said it all. " But—I'm impressed with how you handled yourself."

A smile creeping on her lips as she unfolded her arms. My confused expression painted across my face as I breathed heavily, the pounding in my head coming back again. Pride practically pouring from her pores, her smile falling as she watched me grow pale.