vingt et un

for i cannot see you in pain, i will do whatever it takes to make you feel some worth, because you make me feel worthy

for i cannot see you in pain, i will do whatever it takes to make you feel some worth, because you make me feel worthy. i love you, darling, don't ever forget that.

🍦

PLAY THE SONG:
IS THERE SOMEBODY WHO CAN WATCH YOU - THE 1975

each brush stroke eased the brunette as his hand worked in several directions, tongue poking out of his plump lips as his brows were furrowed in concentration. for he had no idea what he was currently creating, his only inspiration being the sweet silence that lingered in the air. the late coffee beans from the previous morning still present on his taste-buds, the touch of the china mug that held his beverage still engraved in his palm.

but as of late the silence had been too familiar, it had not been the case of waking up to a chirping man who held a smile that could make hearts flutter, quiet laughter around a coffee table as jokes were cracked at each other. but that morning was different, there were no jokes, there was no quiet laughter. it was reassuring hand squeezes, along with questions filled with concern as the brunette struggled to speak due to embarrassment.

it wasn't that he was embarrassed to be around his love, it was the fact he had blurted out a certain phrase that even took him off guard. for his intentions were to never speak those words, they had simply slipped from his bruised lips, purely in the heat of the moment. though it seemed as if his partner enjoyed the slip-up, the brunette had instantly regretted it, as he didn't expect himself to get lost.

he took out his emotion upon the blank canvas he had previously been brought by abigail, a series of colours upon his pallet that were ready to be placed on the white canvas that sat lifelessly on the wooden stand. he began mixing browns and oranges, an idea springing to his refine mind. as his brush hit the canvas, long strokes of orange staining it, his mind quickly focused on confronting his love whom had been worried since the incident last night.

the door that was situated to his right opened slightly, a red tuft of hair poking through the crack. the brunette's eyes did not move from his art, despite the glance he was given by joshua, who had decided to fully enter the room, closing the dark oak door behind him.

"it looks beautiful, tyler." the older boy spoke, his raspy tone startling the brunette as he quickly identified this voice as one joshua had after drinking his coffee, which would eventually subside roughly ten minutes after consuming.

"j-josh-joshua, i-i'm sorry." the boy mumbled, placing his brush upon a side stand he had brought up beside the canvas, bringing his pallet to the table also. his glossy eyes flickered to the red head who leaned against the cream walls, his blazer hanging over his broad shoulders.