21.0 Hey, you're gonna be okay

Madison had gotten a call from Stiles in the middle of the night, telling her that Lydia said that it was urgent, and that Stiles would pick her up in five minutes

Madison had gotten a call from Stiles in the middle of the night, telling her that Lydia said that it was urgent, and that Stiles would pick her up in five minutes. Stiles drove to the school, and Scott was also there. "Where is she?" Stiles asked Scott as he got out of his jeep.

They saw Lydia and Allison walking. "Lydia?" Madison asked, walking over to her.

"It's the same thing." Lydia sighed. "It's the same thing as the pool." She looked up at Madison. "I got in the car, headed somewhere totally different, and ended up here. And, you told me to call you when there's a dead body."

"Wait, you found a body?" Stiles asked her with wide eyes.

"Not yet." She answered.

"What?" Madison snapped. "Not yet? You're telling me, that I'm wasting hours of sleep for this?"

"You never got them anyways." Lydia winked at her. Madison rolled her eyes.

"Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body." Stiles explained to her.

"Oh, I'm not doing that again." She stated, shaking her head. "You can find the dead body from now on."

"How are we supposed to find the dead body?" Madison asked her, looking around.

"Yeah." Stiles nodded. "You're always the one finding the dead body."

"Guys." Scott called, after breaking away from the group. "I found the dead body." He was looking at a deputy draped over the Beacon Hills High School sign.

*

"Idioms, analogies, metaphors, and similes," Ms. Blake walked around her classroom, "all tools the writer uses to tell their story." Ms. Blake stopped at Lydia's desk, and saw the tree she was drawing. It was the same tree she always drew. "Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents."

"You and every guy I've ever dated." Lydia smiled up at the teacher, leaving Ms. Blake flustered.

"And girl." Madison mumbled. No one actually heard her.

"Uh- well," Ms. Blake chuckled nervously, "that was an idiom, by the way." Ms. Blake began walking around the classroom again. "Idioms are a kind of a secret to people who know the language or culture. They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying jump the gun is only meaningful if you know about the starting gun in a race. Or a phrase like seeing the whole board."

"Chess." Stiles spoke softly.

"That's right, Stiles." Ms. Blake smiled down at him. "Do you play?" She asked.