Peter Pettigrew x Reader (angel-timelord's Request)

You were on the verge of crying by the time you got to the Three Broomsticks to meet your boyfriend. You couldn't finish your homework for Care of Magical Creatures, Professor Slughorn lashed out on you when you messed up your Amortentia during Potions, the book you were supposed to study from in the library flew away every time you wanted to grab it and to top your wonderful day off, two Slytherins decided to knock you over on the corridor and all of your book, quills and parchment spilled on the floor from your bag.

You said hi to Peter, sat down and tried your best to appear calm. Of course he saw right through your little act, but instead of calling you out on it, he just pulled you in for a big hug. You buried your face into his sweater and cried a little before calming down.

"Thanks, Pete," you said and wiped your eyes.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked carefully and took your hand in his.

You told him everything and talking about it actually made you feel better. Peter occasionally nodded or encouraged you to go on, then smiled a little after you finished telling the story of your rather upsetting day.

"(Y/n), it's not even close to my first week in third year..."

Never had you ever laughed so much on the hardships poor Peter had to endure at that time. Not because you were cruel or found it funny, you laughed because Peter told the story in such a way you couldn't resist giggling. He learned to laugh when everything seemed to be against him.

You kissed Peter eagerly, not letting him finish one of his sentences. When you pulled back, he gave you a questioning look.

"I love you, Pete," you said and you meant it.

...

The Order's safe house was rather deserted and boring in the afternoons. Everyone was out and busy working or patrolling. That afternoon you had nothing to do but worry. Nobody had heard from Peter for three whole days now and you were sick with worry. You listed all the possibilities in your head. However, you could never bring yourself to accept the worst case scenario as a possibility. You knew somehow that Peter was alive and kicking and all you could do was hoping he'd come back to you. Even if Lily and James would never.

Remus had popped in earlier and you cooked for him just to occupy yourself with something. The loss of the Potters was a great tragedy for all of you and you didn't cope well with the grief.

You heard a loud noise, as if someone had burst through the front door. You jumped up and ran to the door. You found a sobbing Remus on his knees and you cradled him immediately in your arms. He sobbed into your shoulder and cling to you for his dear life. You had a very bad feeling about the situation, but you forced yourself to wait with your questions until Remus calmed down a little.

"I'm so sorry, (Y/n)," Remus moaned as he pulled back.

You sat in front of him on the floor and your face twisted in pain. You knew what he was about to say and you shook your head frantically as fresh tears formed in your eyes.

"(Y/n)... I wish it weren't me who told you this..." he cried and couldn't look you in the eye. "Peter is dead."

You struggled to breathe and pressed a hand on your chest.

"But it's not all," Remus said quietly, his voice losing the sadness and gaining a more angry tone. "It was Sirius, (Y/n). The traitor who exposed the Potters to Voldemort. And then he attacked Peter. Killed a dozen muggles as well."

You cried and thought of your sweet, innocent Peter and your heart had been broken into a million pieces by Black. You swore to get revenge for Peter and this injustice.