Chapter Four.

Rakim

I got out of the shower and wrapped the towel around my waist. I brushed my teeth while wiping the mirror.

I traveled to my room and finished drying off. I slipped on some black skinny jeans with a Dodgers baseball jersey and some Air Force Ones. I sprayed on some cologne and threw on a chain before grabbing my shit and walking out of my room.

"Woah there, little boy, where you going?" My mother asked as I closed my room door. Aja popped out of nowhere and smiled.

"He's taking some girl out for her birthday." She smiled, leaning up against the wall.

"Who's this girl?" My mother chuckled.

"A friend, I'ma see y'all later."

"He done got fresh on us, Mama." Aja laughed as I jogged down the stairs and out the door.

I pulled into Lauren's driveway and cut the engine. I got out the car and walked up to the door, knocking lightly.

Lauren opened the door and let me in. I stared at her before she smiled and walked away.

"I'll be right back." She said before running upstairs.

I blinked and looked around the house, seeing baby pictures of Lauren and her brother, Mason. I laughed seeing her 2nd grade picture, with her two buns that she wears now.

She came back down and I sat the picture back in it exact place.

"You know," I chuckled a little. "You was ugly when you was little."

"Oh was I? Was I ugly when your tried to kiss me." She laughed, grabbing her phone.

"Forget you." I laughed as she chuckled and headed for the door.

I walked out the door behind her and locked it. I jogged to the passenger door and opened it for her.

"This only for your birthday, don't get use to it." I joked as she got in the car and chuckled.

I got in the driver's seat and started the car, backing out of the driveway.

"So, what's plan for today?"

"Some hype." I smiled at her.

I pulled into the local playground and parked the car.

"You know, you always come up with weird shit."

"Cause I'm jiggy as fuck." I laughed getting out of the car and walking to the picnic set that I had Aja come set up for me and watch until I went and got Lauren.

I saw all the pies lined up, making me smile.

"What you got up your sleeve, Rakim?" Lauren looked at me.

"You got an undershirt on?" I asked, removing my jersey and put it on the table.

"Um, yeah."

"Take that shirt off." I removed my shoes.

"Why?"