Chapter 20

a/n: not proof read

"Hyung, move in with me."

Tightening the hold around Jungkook's neck as the younger male held bridal style, he raised his eyebrows in confusion. "Why would I want to move into your dorms? Wouldn't the members be mad?"

"What are you talking about? I've had my own apartment for—" Jungkook stopped. "Hyung. How long do you think you were in the hospital before you woke up?"

"A day or two, right?" Taehyung replied nonchalantly. He felt the grip tighten around him and frowned. "Kookie, are you okay?"

"I have something to tell you, but lets go inside now."

Taehyung allowed himself to be placed back onto the ground and linked his arms in Jungkook's, slowly being guided by the other male into the building. He heard a jingle of the elevator and later a click of an apartment door.

Jungkook led Taehyung into his apartment and sat the older male onto the couch as he settled next to him. He chuckled a little as he watched Taehyung feel around the couch, feet rubbing the soft carpet, and inhale the smell of the room.

"It smells like a new car in here." He complimented. "How new is this apartment?"

"I've owned it for about 4 months now."

"And you've never invited me here?" Taehyung gasped, followed by a playful pout. "How rude."

"Hyung, referring to the question I asked earlier," Jungkook continued. "You thought it was just a day or two before you woke up from the hospital?"

"Well yeah. Why?"

The younger male shifted in the couch where he felt best comfortable. He then grabbed Taehyung and guided him until the other male was resting between his legs, back resting on his chest, and Jungkook's arms wrapping securely around Taehyung's slim waist.

"Hyung, you were in a comma for about 7 months."

"What!" Taehyung jolted upward, but Jungkook pulled him back down and hugged him tighter.

"Don't freak out. Let me just explain the whole situation, okay?" He could feel his boyfriend tensing between his arms, but Taehyung began to relax again as Jungkook comforted him with butterfly kisses on his head.

"You're lying." Taehyung mumbled. "How could it be that long? It felt like a day. A comma? Just from a fallen light? How could my parents afford to keep me alive for that long? Doesn't it cost a lot of money?"

Jungkook quietly shushed his boyfriend while rocking him slowly and gently. "Listen first, then ask questions. Okay? Can you do that for me?" Taehyung nodded.

"That night, at the concert, was one of the most terrifying nights of my life. After you pushed me away from the falling light, the whole stage lights collapsed onto you soon after. It seemed to happen in slow motion. You were already knocked out from the first light, but it was evident that the rest of the lights were going to collapse."

Jungkook fought back the tears as he continued. "I tried to jump back onto the stage but I twisted my ankle in the process." Taehyung hiccuped but the other chuckled as he brushed his fingers through his boyfriend's hair. "Don't worry. I'm fine now."

"The members tried to rush over and get you but the whole thing broke down and sort of just, buried you. Then security came and fans were crying and it was all just a mess. You shouldn't have been the one to be crushed. It should have been me! I should be blind! Not you!"

"Kookie, stop." Taehyung frowned, giving the younger male a comforting squeeze on his hands. "It should have been the stage director." He joked and Jungkook chuckled brightly.

"Yeah. He should have been blind." He laughed. "But our company sued his ass so it's okay."

"And my comma?"

"Oh right," Jungkook sighed. "Well, the fans and other sponsors paid for everything. They were so touched by your heroic act. The fans raised money in support and the video they captured went viral. People around the world donated money to help fund your medical bill."

Taehyung couldn't believe the words he was hearing. "Why didn't my parents tell me anything?"

"Well, when you finally, finally woke up, it was a like a breath of relief. You were alive and we didn't want to think about anything than you being here. I don't know why they didn't tell you after, but we really were relieved to have you back."

"But 7 months!" Taehyung exclaimed. "You waited 7 months for me? What if I never woke up? What if I died? All those months you could have found someone else. You can have been happy. You —"

"Hyung, don't you get it?" Jungkook interfered. "I'm happy with you. I'd wait a lifetime for you. During those seven months, I worked on making myself better. I completed my high school work and left that goddamn lonely college. I invested in a dance company and when news spread, the investment was worth everything."

The couple cuddled closer. "I was able to buy an apartment, I was able to become independent, I was able to take care of my parents, and when you woke up, I was able to be with you again."

Jungkook looked down at his boyfriend, tilting Taehyung's chin upward so the other was facing him. "You're the best thing that has ever happened in my life."

Taehyung smiled. "I know you are but what am I?" He giggled. Jungkook couldn't help but laugh at his boyfriend's childish act. He leaned down and captured Taehyung's lips in a passionate kiss.

"I love you." Jungkook whispered as they broke apart. "You hear me? I love you so fucking much Kim Taehyung."

"I love you too, Jeon Jungkook. So fucking much."