Chapter 3

Bryn Atkinson's POV

I failed at finding my classes on time. I spent half an hour just wandering the halls doing nothing, really.

I walked through the classroom door, my first period. The teacher was Hispanic, the name Mr. Ramirez sitting atop of his desk in a neat slide. He asked me to take a seat, and unfortunately, there was only one empty.

It was next to a boy, but around him were Gray, Bruce, Benji, River, and Tanner. I took a seat next to him.

The boy was skinny, had glasses, and he had floppy brown hair, but other than that, he had defined cheekbones and jawline. The desks were paired up in two's, so I was merely inches away from him. At some point, a note was passed on to me and I had no idea where it came from, I know it didn't come from the guys for a fact. It came from in front of me.

I opened it, reading the words that were scribbled on there.

Watch out, the boy is a big freak.

I looked at him and saw how he repeatedly tapped his finger on the table. Not like the way if somebody was impatient, but as if it was unstoppable. I scribbled on my notebook before passing it towards him. He read it, before scribbling down a reply. We had a conversation just like that. It turns out his name was Eloy and he has ticks, which is a reason why people think of him as an unusual being.

He has humor I'll tell you that. Anyways, at some point, class ended with me learning nothing at all. I walked out into the hallways and after only a few seconds, I heard the ruckus of a large crowd. I turned around and saw Eloy, and not in a good way. He was held by his collar and it looked like he wanted to cry, his Adam's apple bopping up in down.

I looked at the person responsible, and it was a girl. No, she wasn't your cliché blonde bimbo Barbie doll. She was tall for a girl, around my height, five-six to be exact. She wore baggy pants with an oversized hoodie, and her brunette hair was tied in a bun.

"Stop stuttering stupid!" She yelled at Eloy. Nobody dared to step in, not even the guys who were watching in the background behind the crowd. I just made a fricking friend, and friends stick up for each other, right? So I walked towards her, shoving my book bag at Benji, who tried to stop me, a panicked look on his face. I continued on until I finally shoved the girl off Eloy.

I wasn't gonna be unfair and snake her behind her back.

And she was dead ass heavy too.

The hallway stayed silent, people looking at me as if I made the biggest mistake of my life, but I didn't care, it was an unfair match between her and Eloy, I had to step in. She looked at me, adjusting her baggy pants. I knew what that meant, so I decided to tie my hair in a messy bun. Right when I finished, not even a second passed before she lunged at me. She used her weight to her advantage, making us both fall on the floor.

I hit my head pretty hard and my vision instantly got blurry. She straddled my waist, trying to throw punches at my face, but I used my forearms to my defense.

I wasn't going to let this bitch win.

Right when she pulled her arm back, I gave her a good punch in the jaw and pushed her off me. She got up quickly, charging towards me but I gave her an uppercut before she could make any contact whatsoever. She doubled over, so I took that chance to knee her in the face. Her nose started bleeding, gushing and seeping from her nose. Before I could hurt her even more, somebody pulled me off. I struggled at first, trying to get the arms off of me.