Chapter 25

Webber's P.O.V

"Common Ry!" I gripped her hand, pulling her along. We'd been to a few stores, I've been pointing things out to Ryla, trying to see if anything sparked her interests. She'd just brush it off with a classic 'it's okay..' or 'that's cool'. I have been charting where everything is- especially a jewelry store. 

"Web, where's the restroom?" Ryla glanced at me- perfect. 

"Follow me!" I smiled, leading her away from the nearest washroom. I'm taking her to the one by the jewelry store, so I can quickly buy her a necklace without her seeing...

"I'll be back in a second," Ryla smiled, taking off towards the bathroom that was now in sight. I nodded, watching her wonder into the bathroom before hurriedly taking off towards the store. I had pre-ordered right before school ended so I didn't have to wait time looking and picking out something she'd like. 

"Hi, I ordered a necklace this afternoon under the name Webber," I explained to the lady, impatiently tapping my foot, continuously checking behind me to make sure Ryla didn't find me here. She nodded and checked her computer. 

"Okay here you are, ah what a pretty necklace- who's it for?" the lady smiled, rummaging under the counter.

"My girlfriend," I smiled, "it's her birthday today..."

"Awe what a lucky lady, here you go," she held up a small rectangular box. She pulled a blue ribbon out and wrapped it around the box. She placed the box on the counter and I passed her the amount it costed. I slid the box into my pocket and smiled towards the employee. 

"Wish her a happy birthday for me," I nodded quickly, thanking her and I took off towards the bathroom. I stood outside and pulled my phone out, acting as if I had been on it the whole time. Shortly after Ryla emerged from the restroom. 

"Sorry for taking so long, they were out of paper towel- and the hand dryer wouldn't work-" she rambled on. 

"How about we head to the food court?" I suggested. 

"I didn't bring any money-"

"My treat," I smiled. She nodded hesitantly. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder as we walked towards the food court. "What do you feel like?" I questioned. 

"Hmm... how about In'N'Out?" She suggested, I nodded. I haven't had In'N'Out burger in forever. We stood in the line for a few minutes before we ordered and sat at a table. We laughed and talked, I casually checked my wristwatch making sure we left in time so we'd be at the party in time. After finishing our food, I stood up. "We should probably head back, if you're out any later your brothers are going to kill me." I laughed. Ryla nodded and giggled, she grabbed my hand and we started our walk. 

______________

Ryla's P.O.V

I love spending time with Webber. This has been a pretty good unknown birthday. Now I just have to make it past brother patrol and get to sleep. Before I know it, it'll be tomorrow... another normal day. We walked up my driveway. 

"Huh, it doesn't look like anyone's home..."I mumbled, mainly to myself. "And the door's locked." I groaned, attempting to twist the knob. 

"Maybe the back door is open?" Webber shrugged. I nodded, it's worth a shot. We stepped off the step and walked to the back gate. I opened the latch and we walked through. 

"Do you think they'll be home soo-"

"SURPRISE!!" I jumped behind Webber. I looked around, noticing alot of kids from school and alot of family members. There were a couple people I didn't know and- my social worker...? "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They all cheered. Webber pulled me into a hug and I shockedly hid my face in his shirt. 

"Wha... what... why-" I gasped, as the crowd inched closer, all my sibling pulling me away from Webber and into the center of the crowd... Did I mention I have stage fright? I made eye contact with Quinn, who smiled a little. 

"How'd you guys know...?" I whispered.

"Your social worker called to wish you a happy birthday," Riker beamed. There was a cake, presents, people in swim suits, drinks and party snack. Ugh how could I forget about the birthday messages?! I fakely smiled around at everyone. They all beamed towards me. 

"Enjoy your party, kid!" Ross exclaimed, heading towards the snack table. My siblings all wondered off, talking, laughing and socializing. I quickly made my way to Webber and Quinn who where standing off to the side talking. 

"That's for warning me," I grumbled. 

"It's a surprise party Ry- you're not supposed to know." Quinn laughed. Webber smiled at me and I shook my head. 

"Go socialize," Webber smiled, slightly pushing me towards the crowd of people. I lightly rolled my eyes, and approached a few kids who I'd talk to at school. There were some kids here who didn't even know my name, but were fans of R5. The party wasn't that bad, it was awkward and I hate the attention being on me, but if it made my siblings happy- I guess I can socialize like a normal being for one evening. As the party started coming to an end, Webber pulled me aside. 

"I have a gift for you, but I don't want to give it to you here," he smiled, taking my hand and leading me out the gate. We walked for a while before Webber stopped. he turned towards me and pulled a rectangular box from his pocket. How did I not notice that? I held the box in my hand and slowly pulled the ribbon off. I opened the box and smiled at the necklace. (A/N: Necklace Top/Side. V & M replaced with a W & R)

"It's beautiful," I smiled in awe.

"Here," he took the necklace from me and placed it around my neck as I lifted my hair out of the way. I looked down at it, and hugged Webber. 

"When did you get this?" I asked, pulling away from him. 

"I ordered it before school ended- oh and the lady at the shop wishes you a happy birthday" he said with a grin. I shook my head lightly and took his hand leading him back to the party. 

"Thank you all for coming and helping us celebrate our baby sister's birthday. We sad to say the party has come to an end!" Ryland spoke. "Please join us in one last dance." he put on a slow song and winked at me. Riker was about to protest before a fangirl from my class pulled him onto the dance floor. The same going for Rocky and Ross. Webber pulled me towards the dance floor and we started slow dancing. 

"How was your birthday?" He whispered.

"it better than anticipated..." I mumbled. Best Birthday Ever.....