Two

For the rest of the train ride, Remus and Florence got to know each other. Finally, they arrived at Hogwarts. Florence and Remus stayed close to each other as they were told they would be taking boats to the castle.

Two other boys joined in with them. One with longer hair and a mischievous smile on his face. The other with glasses and a smirk on his face as well.

"I already know you're going to get in trouble!" Florence said, looking at the two boys.

"What makes you think that?" The boy with glasses asked. Florence crossed her arms.

"I know all about mischievous looks and you guys have all of them right now."

"Just because we're happy doesn't mean we're trouble.," The other one said. "But, I could always do this." He leaned to the side, then to the other, rocking the boat.

"Enough!" Florence snapped, but he didn't stop. "If you don't stop I'll push you in and make sure you don't come up!" The boy stopped and sat down.

"Vicious."

"I bet her bark is worse than her bite," The boy with the glasses said.

"Oh, really?" Florence got up, grabbed his robes and pushed him. If Remus hadn't also grabbed his robes, he would've gone in.

"I don't think pushing people in the lake is a good idea, Florence." Remus said.

"I thought it was a great idea." Florence huffed, returning to her seat.

"Florence? Is that your name?" She turned to the boy with glasses.

"No, it's the name I gave the monster in the lake."

"Sassy." The other boy remarked.

"Yes, it's her name." Remus told the boys.

"But don't use it because I don't want you talking to me," Florence said quickly.

The rest of the ride the two boys didn't talk to Remus or Florence. They talked as if they knew each other for years.

Once they arrived at the castle, Florence couldn't help being nervous. Her mother couldn't help her now. She knew she'd be one of the first ones called up.

"Are you okay?" A boy asked. Florence looked up at him. His eyebrows were knitted together. He ran a hand through his blonde hair while his brown eyes seemed clouded with thoughts.

"Yes, I'm just nervous."

"Aren't we all. I'm extremely nervous since I'll be one of the first ones up."

"What's your name?"

"Levi Clark."

"Oh, I thought you might be before me."

"What's your name?"

"Florence Anderson."

"Oh, you are soon then. Well Florence, it's very nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too."

"If we get sorted in the same house, we'll have to talk more. If not, well, we'll still talk."

• • •

"Anderson, Florence." Trying not to tremble, Florence walked up and let the hat slide on her head.

"Ohhh, a runner? Interesting," A voice spoke in her head.

"Does no one else run here?" The hat laughed in her ear.

"I'm sure they do, but you seem to have an extreme love for it."

"Indeed I do."

"Hmm, yes, you're future seems to have very....interesting possibilities. You don't have the intelligence of a Ravenclaw, but you do have some similarities."

"Ravenclaw? Really?"

"What's wrong with Ravenclaw."

"Have you ever heard of a Ravenclaw who caused a lot of trouble? Cause I haven't."

"Right, as I was saying, Ravenclaw
still wouldn't be the right choice. Now, Slytherin is--"

"No, not Slytherin."

"Hm, well, I wasn't even planning on it, but there's one option for you that stands out from rest. So it must be,
GRYFFINDOR!"

The hat slid off her head. Florence stood up and walked towards the Gryffindor table. She sat there and listened to the other students get called.

"Black, Sirius."

"So that's his name. He sure isn't serious," Florence mumbled.

"What are you talking about?" Someone asked.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

"He's going to foil my plans to be the most mischievous Gryffindor," Florence cursed.

"Is he like...your arch nemesis or something?" Florence looked at the girl.

"Don't even know him, but I did try to push his friend in the lake."

"That's...interesting. I'm Catalina Arkson."

"Florence Anderson."

Florence couldn't help, but notice the girls pastel purple hair. Her blue eyes were a lighter color and freckles danced across her face.

"Your hair is...purple."

"Yep."

"Your parents let you dye it?" The girl closed her eyes and concentrated. The purple hair was replaced by black hair.

"No, they didn't."

"You're a metamorphmagus?" Catalina smiled.

"Yep!"

"Clark, Levi." Florence looked at Levi praying for him to get Gryffindor.

"RAVENCLAW!" Florence frowned.

"Bummer."