I HAD TO CAPTOR IT

Saturday 6th of February 2016

Not wanting to move from the comforts of Colton's side because he smelled amazing. Yet heard Leo start to cry. Mum put down her silver camera on the black sofa to get him. Tyler walks up to Colton and I turn to see them whisper to each other. Probably Tyler asking where Colton's taking me.

Shrugging I go pick up the camera and turn it around. I gaze down at the small image of us. I stood on Colton's left grinning into the lens. I look at Colton who is much taller than me. Which was amusing to see through a frame. Colton wasn't gazing into the lens of the camera. He's watching me with a gently smile across the side of his face. Making my hand tremble in surprise.

''Dawson, I think Leo wants to meet Colton?'' I hear mum say, when I lift my eyes to take in Leo in mums arms. Leo's cheeks flushed. I couldn't help but laugh as put the camera down.

I reach out and gather him in my waiting arms. I spin and see Tyler and Colton stood a couple of steps away. 'Of course he does... Leo is after all. The man of the house.'' Tyler said smoothly, moving to say hi to my brother. I shake my head at him and turn to Colton.

He stepped up to us with an unreadable expression upon his face before breaking out into a really cute grin. ''Hello Leo.'' He says softly reaching out his finger for Leo to grip and swings. My heart melts as Leo lets out a giggle, making Colton's eyes lit up.

''You two best get going you don't want to leave too late,'' mum informs us. We nod, and mum takes Leo back.

''It was a lovely to meet you Amelia, Leo.'' He informs her kindly. Mum has respect in her eyes and it was all I could wish for. Colton nods his head to Tyler who had his arms crossed watching us like an eagle, he looks at me and winks.

I say bye and we leave out of the door.

We were making our way passed the park full of families laughing. The streets bursting with activity. I asked Colton where we're going? I felt excited as well as nervous energy running up and down my body.

We cross the road and get on the path when he replies, ''I decided to go with a walk to the beach because you said you liked it.'' He stared down at me as he told me brushing his hair back. Smiling awkwardly remembering every time I've been to the beach recently. It went horribly but I guess that can be turned around today.

''It's perfect.'' I love the beach, even with the drama.

He lets out what sounded like a relieved breath, ''good, sorry it's not anything unique or special...'' I shake my head, ''no, it's alright. The beach is incredible.'' He nods, walking forward.

''So what were you and Tyler whispering about?'' Thinking how Tyler seemed  before we left. Colton lets out a small laugh and turned serious as he dips his head to stare into my eyes. ''Tyler said if I hurt you... He will hundred percent kick my ass even if he's dating Luke.'' I chock, almost tripping over.

''We are talking about Tyler Blackley, right?'' he smiles nodding. ''Yes, but I don't mind, he's got every right to warn me,'' he smoothly said as felt nothing but disbelief... That my funny best friend warned the guy liked not to hurt me.

''I didn't know Tyler was going to do that.'' I was touched.

'It's alright Gem, Tyler's cool... I expected it honestly,'' he paused before continuing. ''You're not just like a best friend to him. You're like a sister.'' I nod, that's true. I've grown so close to Tyler that I do think of him as a brother.

Once we got to the beach, I see a dusting of beach towels laid out with some people lying down. Children making sandcastles with buckets and spades, with other splashing in the blue waters.