5. hidden

Hidden (adjective): Kept out of sight; concealed

Luna

Bring out the girl, Bellamy!" Murphy howled.

He was pacing up and down, outside the tent they use as a sort of meeting place. When the news came out everyone had lost the plot but almost everyone had sided with Murphy.

Which in my opinion was the first sign of madness.

"Bring the girl out now!" Murphy continued.

"You want to build a society Princess? Let's build a society, bring out the girl!" Murphy seethed.

Finn's head peeked out from inside the tent, scanning the clearing. His eyes stopped on me and narrowed for a second, like he was thinking about something and then he quickly ducked back into the tent.

Minutes passed and then Bellamy emerged from the tent.

"Well, well, look who decided to join us." Murphy taunted.

"Dial it down and back off." Bellamy ordered.

"Or what? What are you going to do Bellamy? Hang me?" Murphy hissed.

"I was just giving the people what they wanted." Bellamy shot back.

"Yeah, yeah that's a good idea. Why don't we do that right now?" Murphy turned back to the crowd.

"So who here wants to see the real murderer hung up? All in favor?" Murphy raised his hand.

A glimpse of movement caught my eye as Murphy tried to rally a crowd that didn't want to kill a little girl.

Goggles.

Jasper must've snuck out of the back of the tent and while everyone was distracted he moved around the outskirts of the clearing, right towards me. When he reached me he was almost breathless.

"We need your help." He panted and my eyes widened in surprise.

"We can't let them kill her but we have no idea how to save her." He continued.

"No one knows the forest better than a grounder." He pointed out.

"You're our best shot." He finished.

He was right, I knew all the secrets of these woods, if they wanted to get her out alive, I could do it. I didn't owe these people anything but when I looked at Charlotte, I saw my second. The young warrior that I trained by myself back at my village. She reminded me of home. I couldn't let Murphy ruin her. And this was the perfect opportunity to slip away, maybe I could even take the girl with me, raise her the grounder way and give her a chance?

I held up my shackled wrists. He grinned and took them off as quickly as he could.

Once I was free, I stood up, stretched and nodded at him. He grabbed my wrist and I frowned.

"Sorry, Clarke is a bit sceptical." He explained.

We moved quickly and quietly back the way he came, while the people were too distracted to notice us. Jasper lifted up an opening in the back of the tent and I slinked through.

As I rose up to my full height I was met with the wary eyes of Clarke and Finn and the wide eyes of Charlotte. I looked into Clarke's eyes and she nodded.

"We have to move now. I don't know how long Bellamy can keep Murphy at bay." Clarke announced.

"We're looking at you, grounder." Finn stated.