Road to Heroes (#1YearOfMiraculous)

(*One year before the main story-line*)

Nathalie Sancoeur. Trait - Keratin Claws - Nathalie's nails can grow at an accelerated rate that she chooses, and are made of keratin, far more durable and sharp than a regular human's nails. She can use these in combat if she feels the need to. They are permanently red.

Nathalie had worked for the Agreste estate for the last ten years, not long after the tragedy that had befallen the family. The woman had a red streak in her naturally black hair, although this was not hair dye, but a part of her Trait. She had learned many of the Agreste lives, secrets, and various other things that she needed to know in order to do her job efficiently.

The biggest rule was the never, never, under any circumstances, bring up Mrs. Agreste, unless she was specifically asked about her, or someone else mentioned her first.

She had learned of what had happened to Adrien as a young child, and she couldn't help but feel so horrible, so bad, so much sympathy for him. She couldn't imagine the guilt, and sheer horror that he had to feel when his secondary Trait activated. To many, a child having the Dual mutation would be a joyous occasion, a reason for celebration. For Adrien, it was like a permanent curse. A reminder of what he'd done.

He blamed himself. He always was going to blame himself. No matter what reassurances he was given, no matter how many times he was told otherwise, there would never be a day in which he wouldn't blame himself.

But he seemed to push himself further than anyone else Nathalie knew because of that, using it as fuel to further drive himself.

Clutching hold of a spreadsheet, with Adrien's timetable on it, attached to a clipboard, she claws Trait user made her way to where she knew Adrien would be located - In his training grounds. Around his tenth birthday, Gabriel had installed a combat practice field for Adrien, and Nathalie couldn't remember a day since where the blond boy didn't do at least one run on it a day. It basically involved a set number of pop-up animatronics that were shaped like punching bags jumped up from certain points, and Adrien would use his speed and raw power to take them down.

He never used his Destruction Trait on them, for fear of damaging the machinery beyond repair, so he used his raw muscle, the pure strength the teenager had, of which he had aplenty.

"Rrrrrargh!" Constant bursts and shifts in sounds, and black puffs of smoke indicated where Adrien was, and where he wound up. He was pushing himself to the very limits of his Teleportation Trait, darting around all over the place with speed and precision.

He heard another one of the animatronics go up, so, with speed and careful pinpoint aim, he Teleported to it, and slammed his right fist square in the centre of the machine, before it had even finished rising. Another one rose behind him. In response, Adrien Teleported a few feet into the air, and kicked the rising machine down to the ground with a roundhouse kick to the upper region. His momentum kept him spinning, and he used this to his advantage, striking down on another rising target with brutal force.