Twenty One (|-/)

Wonwoo was nervous. In fact, he could honestly say that he had never been more nervous in his entire life as he sat in Soonyoung's car across the road from Mingyu's house and tried not to get the smell of stale pizza from the car floor onto his smart clothes.

It had all started with a simple conversation he'd had with Mingyu three days before; with Minygu bringing up the topic of his parents and Wonwoo politely pointing out how nice his mum had been when Mingyu involuntarily came out and joked at how he needed to thank her for basically setting the two up. Mingyu had seemed to take the whole thing a little too seriously and had reported back to Wonwoo the next day saying that he had told his mum what Wonwoo had said and would be thankful to meet him again, this time as Mingyu's boyfriend.

It was safe to say that Wonwoo had been so shook (a word that Seokmin had taught him) that he had blindly agreed to meet them the next day, so there he was in Soonyoung's car wondering what he had gotten himself into and if it was too late to change his name to 'Steve', grow a moustache and move to Russia to avoid the entire situation. He had been given a curfew of nine o' clock to return by, and if the meeting did get to awkward he could always lie and say it was at seven, after all.

Soonyoung had been helpful in his strangely still unhelpful way and driven Wonwoo there to act as moral support since he was driving Jihoon that way for their dance class anyway. While Soonyoung was somewhat comforting and gave Wonwoo some slightly melted chocolate cookies to soothe his nerves, Jihoon had laughed at his formal attire and been the one to suggest the moving-to-Russia plan in the first place. Wonwoo figured it was kind of like having an angel and a devil on either side of his shoulder, just a lot more irritating and the 'angel' Soonyoung occasionally joining in with the devil side.

With a word of encouragement from Soonyoung and a slightly scary look from Jihoon, Wonwoo opened the car door and walked towards the Kim household.

As he drew closer, Mingyu's face appeared at the window and then disappeared in a flash to eagerly open the door and run into the middle of the road where Wonwoo was and pulling him into a warm hug.

"Hey," said Mingyu, grinning widely and holding Wonwoo's shoulders as they pulled away from the hug.

Wonwoo was so nervous that he could only smile, and even then he was so nervous that his smiling attempted turned out like an uncomfortable grimace. He let out a sigh and after counting down to three in his nervous head, responded to Mingyu's greeting with an awkward, "hey."

Mingyu smiled and rubbed the shorter boy's shoulders a little. "You're nervous."

Wonwoo nodded and turned his gaze to the floor.

"Don't be nervous, my mum's already met you and she loves you, like, she asks me about you all the time. She keeps getting your name wrong, though, she calls you Wonho."

"Really?" Wonwoo couldn't help but laugh, before frowning in worry. "What about your stepdad?"

"You'll do great," Mingyu encouraged, wrapping his arms around Wonwoo again and resting his chin on his forehead.

Wonwoo let out a deep breath and smiled at his boyfriend. "Okay."

Taking Wonwoo's hand, Mingyu dragged him from the middle of the road towards the front porch of their house and in through the door, which was then shut behind them. Wonwoo made a mental note of all the exits in case the meet-the-parents dinner went horrendously out of plan. His grand escape ideas were however cut off by a female voice calling from the kitchen.

"Mingyu? Is that Wonho? Bring him into the kitchen, dear, I want to say hello," called Mingyu's mum, over the noise of meat sizzling in a frying pan.