Chapter 14: Morning

Chapter 14
Morning

Seeing him in a state like this, it makes me feel unbearable pain as he states his hate over wolves. Zane is howling, pain hugging us like we've been friends and just seeing each other for the first time for like centuries ago. Tears sting my eyes and my knees buckle, wobbling as I try to balance myself, keeping myself from falling and breaking on the ground. People are in the room now, even the couple - the Great Alpha Cloud and his mate Kieran. They are trying to calm Dave down. But since I can't move, I'm just stuck on the corner, not moving, back perched on the wall as I prevent myself from crying out loud.

Dave's scream pierces my ears, and he has a terrified look on his face that matches mine. His face mirrors mine, like I'm looking myself in a terrifyingly old mirror that has been locked up in a dungeon for more than decades. Kieran is rubbing his palm across Dave's back, and I wish I could do that to him, that I could comfort him, but I'm terrified of everything. I know that I should be strong because I'm the Great Beta, but why can't I hold myself from breaking? What I am seeing, it's completely torturing me and I can't do nothing but to watch. I'm slowly breaking, heart is being tear pieces by pieces. His scream echoes in my head, and sends a stab right through my heart, making me stop my breathing.

Cloud moves, standing beside me and helping me hold myself. My hand is on the wall, trying to support myself as I cough out, wheezing as Cloud slides his hand across my abdomen, keeping me from falling on the ground. Tears begin to pour out of my eyes and slide across my puffy cheeks, Zane is howling, thrashing around, trying his best to ignore the pain that we have both been feeling.

"He's terrified, Cloud." My voice is shaking as I look at a thrashing figure of Dave on the bed. It looks like he doesn't even recognize his brother due to the terrible situations he has been that are too much to handle for a mere human, but then again, he has Peitho now. He's a werewolf, just like us. Cloud coos me, saying soothing words that aren't helping my situation right now. My focus is on my mate, and as each second ticks by, the pain becomes very overwhelming that sooner or later, I might faint. "Cloud, help him. Please... please... Help my mate."

Though it is unusual of me to beg, I did, for the sake of my mate and I. We're both hurting, and it's making us crazy. What I just want to do is hold him in my arms, cuddle with him, shower him with kisses all over his face, live life to the fullest with him. It isn't much, so why are we being treated this way? What did we ever do to deserve this? I know that my sins have already been forgiven, so what could possibly the reason why we deserve this? It doesn't even make sense, even when I look at the situation we are in in a different perspective.

The screaming stops, and Dave is resting on the bed looking calm and in peace. His chest is heaving up and down rapidly. Everyone has left the room except me. Dave's arm is draped across his tummy, shirt slightly crunched up that it reveals his belly button and a trail that disappears as it goes inside the band of his underwear. I gulp, taking cautious steps to not make a sound. Sitting on the bed, butt sinking in the bed, my hands fly to his forehead slowly. His skin burns against mine, and the feeling is electrifying. His skin is so soft that I could just run my hands across it everyday without getting tired. I will never get tired of admiring him.

Smiling, I climb onto the bed fully, laying down beside him as I turn my head in his direction to watch his sleeping face. His lips are parted, and I want to plant my lips on his luscious one. But what if he wakes up? Would he freak out because I'm kissing him when I shouldn't and that because he's straight? My hand travels down to his arm until it engulfs his, and the feeling is making my heart swell with anticipation. I can't wait to hold his hand in public, where everyone will see that he's mine and I am his, that he's my mate and I'm his mate.

"Dave," I whisper, burying my face in the crook of his neck, smelling the citrus scent he has that makes me bury my face deeper. My other arm wraps around his waist, and I can hear a soft and faint beating of his heart. "My mate."

With that being said, I shut my eyes, letting the sleep takeover my body as I feel exhaustion greets me. My tensed back immediately relaxes when Dave turns around, groaning, to wrap his arms around me and a faint smile forms on my lips.

"Ack!" Someone shrieks in my ear and I groan, rolling off the bed and hands shooting upwards to cover my ears. A thud on the floor makes me open my eyes and I lift myself up, rubbing the sleepiness off my eyes as I watch Dave's body on the floor, groaning. He looks at me with wide eyes, mouth agape as he points his index finger at me. My brows furrow, pursing my lips. "You! What are you doing here in my room?"

I look at the duvet that is draped across my body and stare back at him dumbly. He stands up, brushing the dust off him, his hair tousled and shirt as messy as ever, like he has been rolling on the bed since last night. I wish we rolled around the bed all night. Then my eyes widen. Dave is standing in front of me, shrieking, and not Peitho.

Standing up like a lightning, I run into him and wrap my arms around him, burying my face in the crook of his neck. Dave is now awake! "You're awake!" Dave rests his hands on my chest, pushing me lightly as he scratches his neck awkwardly. Oh yeah, right. Straight.

"I guess?" He sounds so unsure, still continuing to scratch his neck. This is the moment when I want to kiss him full on the lips, every time we wake up together, but knowing that I can't, it disappoints me. "Wolves. I remember wolves attacking me. They are scary."

"No, they are not." My protective side kicks in. I stare at him, wanting him to believe me. "They're just like people. Some are good, some are bad."

He purses his lips then sighs. "I guess." One step at a time. Baby steps. I think as I smile to myself. His eyes scan the room, like he's expecting something has changed. But there isn't. Except that he has now a wolf. His eyes widen then all of a sudden, he's freaking out. This causes my wolf Zane to become distressed at the sight of him. "There's a voice in my head! It's a wolf! It's a wolf! Get out! Get out!"

Wrapping my arm around him, my palm rests at the back of his head and I bury his face in my chest while my other arm wraps tightly around his waist. He struggles, trying to push me but that just makes me tighten my hold. He gives up on pushing me away but doesn't give up on telling the wolf to go out of his head. I suddenly pity Peitho. It seems like he's being rejected all over again and that puts Zane and I in more painful situation. Suddenly he stops.

"Why is there a wolf, a voice inside my head? It's speaking to me!" Dave says as he buries his face in my chest. I lean down, saying soothing words in his ear that I hope would make him calm. Now I'm wondering if I should tell him everything right now or in the future. He's bound to know the truth. I'm not exactly lying to him by keeping this as a secret first. I guess this is just to spare him from breaking down. He just woke up for Good Goddess's sake. "Why is it speaking to me? The wolf knows me, like he has been part of me ever since. He said his name is Peitho. I hate wolves. I hate them."

A pang of hurt hits my chest and I nearly lose myself. "No, you don't hate them, Dave. You don't."

"Yes, I do." He says stubbornly, clenching his hands on his side as he glares at my chest. "They killed my mother."

Tipping his chin up so he can look at me in the eyes, I say to him with sincerity. "Hate will consume you and it will ruin everything. Forgiveness will do the opposite."

"And why are you here in my room?" He asks suddenly. It's my turn to shut my mouth.