6. raven

Raven (noun): a large heavily built crow with mainly black plumage, feeding chiefly on carrion.

Bellamy

"Bellamy, get out here!" I was jolted awake by Octavia's voice.

I clambered out of my make-shift bed and into the night. My eyes sought out Octavia.

"There!" She said, poitning to the sky. Some kind of ship was hurtling across the sky.

"They're coming to help us!" Someone cried.

"Now we can kick some grounder ass!" Another person cried.

Everyone laughed but all I felt was dread. If they came down here, I was dead. I shot the Chancellor to get onto the dropship and that was a crime that they would not be willing to forgive. No.

I followed it's trail in the sky until It disappeared from my view. Some boys lead me away all ready talking about ways to find it but I was hardly listening.

I looked over at the grounder. She had her back leaning against the wall and she was looking up at the sky. Not in the direction of the ship, just at the sky. Her eyes were alight with an almost childish wonder. Suddenly she turned her head to look right at me, as if she had sensed I was watching her and I looked away quickly, my cheeks warm. I allowed myself to be lead into the meeting tent.

"Right, if it cleared the ridge, it's probably near the lake." One of the boys suggested.

Octavia came into the tent.

"We should get moving, everyone's ready." Octavia announced.

"No one's going anywhere. Not while it's dark, it's not safe." I spoke up.

"We'll head out at first light, pass the word." I told the two boys.

They left quickly and I turned to see Octavia's outraged expression. A pang of guilt hit me.

"Everyone for 100 miles so this thing come down. What if the grounders get to it first?" She asked.

"Bell, we should go now!" She urged.

"I said, we wait until sunrise." I pushed past her, out of the meeting tent.

I headed back to my own tent, grabbed a pack and put some supplies in it. I moved around the outskirts of the camp, near the wall. On my way I passed her. The grounder. Our eyes met and she raised an eyebrow. She knew exactly what I was doing.

I placed one finger to my lips and she nodded slightly. I got to the gate and moved into the forest without hesitation.

I had to find that ship first.

~~~

I was running through the forest on high alert when a familiar voice shattered the silence.

"Bellamy! What are you doing!" Octavia ran up to me.

"Go back to camp it isn't safe here." I told her.

"You lied to everyone. You lied to me." Octavia breathed.

"You just want whatevers in that pod-" She started but I cut her off.

"Just go home!" I yelled and shoved her. Hurt flickered across her face.

"You always wanna play the big brother, huh? Jokes on me you're just a selfish dick." Octavia spat out.

"I did this for you! To protect you. The arc finds out we're alive they'll come down. And when they do. I'm dead." I cried, trying to get her to understand.