Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Sam

It's been two days since the rogues trespassed in our land. After that, everybody has been on high alert in case any more rogues decide to enter the territory. The day of the barbecue is getting closer, making me more nervous and anxious. I will be introduced to the pack. What am I going to do if they don't like me?

Xander has been more protective of me ever since the day of the confrontation. He wouldn't let me leave the house anymore. I don't really mind being stuck in the house because I'm used to being alone all the time, but having the freedom to explore on your own is a great thing too.

"Sam." I heard someone say my name. I looked up to see Xander looking at me with a frown on his face looking slightly worried.

"Are you okay? You've been staring into space for ten whole minutes, and I called your name three times but you wouldn't respond. Is something wrong?" he says worriedly, making my heart skip a beat. I smiled at him reassuringly.

"I'm fine Xander, don't worry," I said.

He looked unsure at my answer but he let it go.

"Well, I have some work to do at the pack house. I'll be back in three hours. Do not leave the house without me, got it?" Xander said sternly. I nodded at him and gave him a small smile and a wave. He leaned down and kissed my forehead before heading out of the door.

Not even two minutes after Xander left, Scott barged in the house with a hand on his forehead and his eyes closed.

"I have arrived!" he said in a dramatic tone making me giggle. He opened his eyes and walked over to the couch, where I was sitting, before giving me a smile.

"So, what do you want to do today?" he asked.

I looked at him before shrugging.

"You want to watch some movies?" he asked holding a couple of DVDs.

"Uh, sure," I replied.

He put a DVD in the player and set up the television before going back to his spot.

"Oh, wait! I have to make some popcorn. Be right back!" he said before going into the kitchen.

He returned with a big bowl of popcorn after a few minutes and started the movies.

*-*-*-*

" 'Jack! I'll never let go!' " Scott said in a high and dramatic voice, attempting to copy Rose's voice but failing, making me laugh. I wiped the tears in my eyes from the sad movie and looked at the time. Xander should be getting back in an hour.

I looked at Scott and studied him closely. He always seems so serious and mature whenever Xander, Blake, or Liam is around. What could be the cause of change in his personality now?

"Hey, um, Scott. Why do you always seem so serious and mature around Xander, Blake, or Liam but fun and playful when they're not around?" I asked him quietly. He stopped trying to catch the popcorn in his mouth and looked at me before shrugging.

I don't know. I guess I don't want them to think that I don't take my job as your personal bodyguard seriously. Anyone in the pack would be honored to guard their Luna, and I'm no different from them," he said giving me a smile.

"And plus, they have always been close since they were kids. I'm not that close to them," he added before continuing to catch the popcorn in his mouth.

"I guess that would make sense," I told him.

I don't want to escape from this pack anymore. Everyone seems so friendly, and this pack is way better than my old pack. They're nicer and treats everybody with respect, unlike my old pack. I'm sure there's another way to protect Xander and his pack without me having to leave.

"What are you thinking about?" Scott asked.

I looked at him and gave him a smile.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it."

This pack is changing me for the better. They make me feel confident instead of like an outsider who doesn't belong.

Xander returned from his work and dismissed Scott. Scott gave me a small smile and a wave before leaving the house.

"What did you do while I was gone?" Xander asked pressing a kiss on my cheek making my face heat up. I looked away so he doesn't notice my blush, but he gripped my chin gently and made me look at him.

"I and Scott watched movies," I answered.

"That's good," Xander said, nodding in approval.

I remembered that I haven't seen Liam since the confrontation with the rogues. I hope he's okay.

"How's Liam? I haven't seen him since the situation with the rogues," I told him. His face turned sour and his eyes narrowed into slits.

"He's fine. You shouldn't be worrying about him. I'm your mate." Xander said, his voice sounding slightly angry. I lowered my eyes to the ground.

"I'm sorry. I was just worried because I haven't seen him since the rogues trespassed. What happened to the rogue girl that he claimed as 'his' ?" I asked in a small voice.

I looked up and saw his eyes soften. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"He and the rogue girl are fine. They're mates and Liam doesn't want to let her go. The girl seems happier with him in the pack than with the rogues she was with, so I guess she likes it here." He said.

I was surprised. 'Liam found his mate? That's great! I'm happy for them.' I thought with a smile. I noticed Xander looking at me with an unknown emotion in his eyes before he leaned down and kissed his mark on my neck making me gasp and moan.

He smirked when he noticed my reaction and continued trailing kisses up my neck and to my jaw. He kissed my cheeks, my forehead, my chin, and my nose, making my wolf purr loudly. I tried to hide the moans but it was no use.

I put my hands on his chest and tried to push him away but he let out a growl.

"Xander, pl-please stop," I said, trying to put some space between us. He stopped trailing kisses down my neck and looked at me, his eyes looking at me lustfully, before giving me a nod. He closed his eyes and tried to calm down.

"I-I'm going to take a shower. Be right back," he said before going upstairs to our bedroom.

Huh, I wonder what that was all about.

______________________________________________________________________