Still lying

"Hey." I smiled answering the phone to Lily. I had been at Richards dorm for well over an hour since he left for his lecture. I had got bored laying in bed and decided to look at my phone.

"Hey, where are you? We're starving and we want to get dinner off campus." Lily groaned. I think she'd tried to call me before and I hadn't answered.

"Oh go without me. I'm pretty busy." I smirked looking around Richards dorm.

"We can't we're looking for Oliver too. Is he with you?" Lily asked.

"No, why would he be with me?" I frowned.

"I don't know, you're good friends I thought you might be out together or something." She shrugged.

"I'm catching up on some extra work, that's all." I smiled.

"Alright. I'll text you where we are eating and you can catch up later. We have to find Ollie first anyway." Lily sighed and I could tell she was impatient, she gets like it when's she's hungry.

Where the hell was Richard? I thought about getting up and going but turns out he hid my clothes somewhere so I'm kinda stuck here until he gets back unless I feel like flashing the entire street.

"You're a dick you know that?" I laughed throwing a cushion at Richard as he got back half an hour later than he said he was going to be.

"Yep." He laughed going to his draw and pulling out my clothes, throwing them at me. "They were right there." Richard smiled and leant forward to kiss me.

"How was class?" I asked.

"Boring." He mumbled changing out of his clothes and just sitting in his bed next to me.

"I bet it's not." I smiled up at him leaning against his chest.

"Oh it is, you'll find out next year." He scoffed as we cuddled for a bit.

"Please no talk of next year. I've just had to drop one subject and it's putting a downer on the whole uni application." I frowned hiding my face.

"I did shit and I got into this place. It's not hard." He mocked.

"Yeah, yeah." I scoffed. He knew he was smart without even trying.

- - - - -

"Frankly I think if anyone's going to run the Halloween party this year it's going to be you isn't it?" I said looking at Lily as she proposed the idea to the group.

"I've done it before though, you sure you don't want to arrange it?" She asked me.

"No, I'm done with parties for now. I'll turn up and say hi but I'm going home soon after." I scoffed.

"Spoil sport." Oliver raised his eyebrows at me.

"And how many parties have you been to?" I mocked him as I knew he wasn't very popular and only started to act like since he was hanging out with us.

"Enough." He shrugged.

"So one?" I pursed my lips together trying not to break into laughter.

"Stop it. This is meant to fun, how about we all arrange it?" Lily interrupted.

"I'm up for that." Matt smiled.

"Same here." Oliver and Jack said nodding.

"Alright fine." I shrugged.

"Your OCD really helps in situations like this." Lily grinned.

"Uh huh."

"You're not eating your burger." She snapped as everyone else kind of went into their own conversations.

"Not that hungry." I said smiling slightly.

- - - - -

"How about we go see a film?" Richard tempted me as I talked on the phone with him on the way to the paper.

"Do the words 'I'm busy' mean absolutely nothing to you?" I scoffed walking into the newsroom and smiling at the few people who saw that I had come in and acknowledged my presence.

"Busy how? As in you have plans or as in you have to study because your grades are low, even though they're the highest in the year?" Richard moaned.

"You know I sense a bit of sarcasm there." I laughed to myself opening my office door. "Anyway, I have plans to work at the paper tonight, I haven't been here in about two days and I think it's falling to pieces." I said looking through my window and noticing how there were very little people here.

"So you don't have any plans." He sighed.

"Yes I do, my plans are to work." I complained. "Anyway, even if I didn't I would be spending time with Lily sorting out this stupid Halloween party. I swear it's the first week of October and we're planning something for over 25 days away."

"I did it in my final year." Richard said.

"Yes well that's you." I said sitting down at my desk and opening up my laptop.

"So when will I see you next?" He asked.

"I dunno, Sunday?" I offered up.

"Eek no, I have plans for lunch with my parents, Monday?" He asked.

"I have free periods until 1?" I said.

"I have a class at 8am but then I'm free afterwards?" Richard said.

"Monday morning it is. Your place?"

"Yes--"

"Who's place?" Lily greeted me standing at my door and smirking at me.

"Hold on, I'll talk to you later." I said hanging up the phone on Richard and staring at Lily. "Now, aren't you good with timing."

"I have an article for you. Who was on the phone?" Lily smirked walking in the room and placing the paper on my desk to which I started to read through it.

I looked up at Lily, looked her dead in the eye and lied to her. "Oh Marty, he wanted to meet me for something or other, nothing important just school stuff." I smiled.

"Marty?"

"Uh huh." I nodded my eyes falling back down to the paper to read it. "Good, it'll be in tomorrow's edition." I smiled as she turned her back on me to walk out.

"You planning the party tonight?" Lily called.

"Maybe, I'm going to stay at the paper for a bit and chase people up." I called back to her.

I looked around and then called my annoying little assistant in. "Can you call these people and ask them to come and see me asap." I smiled handing her the list of people and she scuttled off to her desk to where she picked up the phone and started dialling.