T w e n t y T h r e e

T  W  E  N  T  Y T  H R E E

「  T  W  E  N  T  Y   T  H  R  E  E  」

:

Opening the doors into our school was like walking into the living version of sorry excuse of a chick flick film. Everything about it screamed fake or cringe worthy.

The cliche cliques swarming the halls judging every person in sight. Although walking through the schools doors and being swarmed by young adolescents like myself was almost comforting today, knowing that I merged into the crowd and became just another passing face brought a sort of relief to my body. But one must never let their guard down. Expect the unexpected.

Even if they did come for me they'd have trouble finding me in the crowd.

Battling through the swarms of hormones towards my locker is a routine I'm used to, but today it felt almost impossible to avoid people's lingering stares. As if people where deliberately looking for me. As if they all knew.

Slamming my locker shut, I felt the wander eyes glance in my direction. Maybe I just slammed my locker to hard? Stupid paranoia taunting the puppeteer strings of my conscious into tricking my mind.

Shaking off the thought I headed straight towards my homeroom, bag slung over my shoulders, folders and books in hand. Cutting the fragile strings of my head from my own puppeteering mind.

Pushing my way towards my usual spot in the classroom, furthest across from the door, closest towards the window. Dropping my bag down on the desk before letting my body collapse into the chair sliding it back , slumped over the desk like a blanket on a bed.

The shrilling ring of the schools bell burning my eardrum as the over flow of students bean to fill the room. A lie in audible groan escaping my chapped lips.

As my mind and body began to settle it was short lived.

" Look what the cat dragged in."

Go away Kat...

" You cleaned up very nicely--but that nasty little cut there says otherwise buttercup." Kat purred leaning back into the chair beside me,  devious smirk on her face.

" Kat--shut up." I groaned slouching further into my seat, the dull symphony of a headache slowly beginning to emerge. More like that headache being non other thank Katerina Kyle herself.

" My lips are sealed" she chuckled, mockingly drawing her fingers across her shut lips symbolising the locking of her lips as she pretended to throw away a key.