Chapter Twenty-Nine

MBL is having it's own game. 100% FREE. Who is excited?

"What are you doing?"

I ignored the voice and took a deep breathe, muttering into the pillow. Why did the pillow have to smell so bad? Why couldn't it have a musky aftershave smell or a –? Wait, no, I mean like a sunflower smell or something. Do sunflowers even have a smell? 

"Ivory," the call of my name was followed by a jab on my waist. It was annoying, because it only made the belt in the plane dig into my waist. Damn it, why couldn't we just take a normal plane? 

I had nearly freaked when Adrian dragged me to the outside of the airport and passed the runway. I honestly thought for a moment I was going to die by getting run over by some humongous plane and no one would know because I would look like an ant from the window. 

And sure, I was expecting Darius to own a private jet. Hell, my father owned one, too, but that didn't mean I had been on one since my fourteenth birthday. No. In fact, I like to keep myself very far away from these creatures.

"Ivory." Another jab followed and I lifted my hand and waved it to say I would get to him later. But I think I imagined the movement rather than do it. I could finally feel the plane reach a steady altitude, which made me open my eyes to stare at the dark navy blue pillow that had one streak of gold across it, creating a decent look.

"Aluminium!"

"Ow!" I rubbed my waist as I sat up straight, glaring into the eyes that were staring at me. "What?" I snapped.

"Oh, now you reply. I have been trying to talk to you for the last half an hour and you kept trying to sleep!"

I rolled my eyes as Adrian huffed. He crossed his arms across his chest from the seat opposite mine and leaned back.

"If you couldn't see, I was waiting till the train came to a steady stop, thank you very much."

"Steady stop, thank you very much," mocked Adrian in a high pitched voice, making faces at me which only made me sigh and lean back, closing my eyes. Why on earth is he so childish? I thought he had his own business or something, how can someone like that run something?

Which only reminded me not to judge. Look where I was. Graduated with flying colours, wanted to get a degree in Medicine to only help people, and then shattered the dream. I shuddered, just thinking about it. And I let other things blame the reason I dropped out. Now that was childish of me. 

Screw that, it was already done. What about cooking? I tried taking that up in Uni as a part time course, learned how to make pasta, and then dropped out, not liking being bossed around by some pretentious chef. And I remember every week I would learn a new dish and try to prepare it only for James to say it lacked this or that or whatever when I made some for him

Oh, don't even think about that. Alright, let's say I wasn't made for cooking. What about sport? Oh god, Ivory, how long has it been since you picked up a hockey stick or kicked a footy? Too long that the walk across the runway made me sweat. Pathetic.

Staying at home. Is this what I had become? Some spoiled girl who would whine? So I don't care what Adrian thinks Darius would say. I am getting a job. I cannot just stay home all my life. I swear my IQ level had dropped the past few months and spending more time with Adrian would only make it drop some more. 

"Million for your thoughts?"

My eyes shot open as I stared at Adrian, who was staring at me curiously.

"Isn't it 'a penny for your thoughts'?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Inflation prices," he retorted haughtily, taking a sip of his glass which looked like it probably had alcohol in it. Where did he get that? I could use a glass right now to calm the elephants in there. I hated flying. But then again I got drunk faster than a fifteen-year-old. Not that they should be drinking in the first place.