029

"NOW ALL I CAN DO IS LAY IN MY ROOM, FALL ASLEEP, DREAM OF YOU, THEN WAKE UP AND DO NOTHING ABOUT IT."

IT took awhile for Arden to be truly alone. With the entire family concerned about the children and the twins being worried about Arden, it was hard to be alone. If an adult wasn't with Arden, one of the twins were. The night they came back from Arden's torn up home, the three of them accidentally fell asleep in the living room together. It was a pretty odd sight to everyone else – Arden laid on the couch with George on her stomach, his legs tucked in to fit on the sofa. Fred, being the third wheel he was, was curled up on a love seat. Of course Mrs. Weasley took a photo and of course the others would bring it up some time to tease one of them.

On the second night, Ginny had gone to Arden's room for some unknown reason, claiming that she couldn't sleep well and would like to just talk about things with her. The fourteen year old was convinced that Arden was the best female in the household to talk to at nearly one in the morning. Nonetheless, Arden didn't mind. The things that were happening must've been scary for everyone, and hearing of what happened to Ginny in her first year made it all the more scarier for her.

The night Arden was finally able to open the letter that was hidden under clothes in her trunk was the night she had stayed awake to clean up after everyone, despite the protests. She then claimed she was going to bed because she's been exhausted lately, letting everyone else know not to bother her. When she retrieved the envelope, all she could do was stare at it.

What could possibly be in there? What was Levi trying to warn her about? Why was he so finicky?

When she opened the orange envelope and peered inside, she noticed pages of letters from Leviathan, a small book with something sticking out, and multiple smaller envelopes. Curiously, Arden grabbed the letter first, recognising Levi's writing immediately.

"Princess,
Don't mind the pet name. It's to keep you safe. I know things have been scary for you and that you are confused and you have no idea what the hell is going on. I may not be able to cover everything, but please bare with me.

The Dark Lord sought me out for a few reasons. He came for me because I can stay low, my grades, my extensive knowledge, how good my memory is, but most importantly, because I cannot love. It is for this reason that I'm afraid he will come for you too. I have discussed this matter further in the letter.

Your father was on to me, on to the Dark Lord. He searched my home and found the letters from both you and Voldemort. It is because of his newfound knowledge that Voldemort ordered your father must be killed. I'm so sorry, Princess. I begged them to forget it, I told them that he wouldn't have been able to do anything and that nobody would believe him anyways since they all read the Daily Prophet. But it did nothing and my life was threatened if I kept stalling. I wasn't there for his death, Princess. I promise that I was 100% against it.

They still have my mother. I cannot just leave her and they have some charm that makes it impossible for me to apparate with her.

You probably already know, but a war is coming. Voldemort is gaining followers again quickly, by force or by choice. I have no doubt that he won't come for you too, and I'd hate if he used someone like George Weasley to get to you. So please, do not start practicing incantations. Don't prepare yourself for the upcoming horrors. Do not try to be a hero, or avenge your father. Inside this envelope is a passport and your first ticket out of the UK. It'll take you to somewhere in Canada, where you'll board another plane. The choice is yours, just stay out of Europe. I know apparation seems easiest but trust me on this, you have to stay low on magic until you're out of the UK. I have already emptied your fathers vault; I left to your home in search for the key, I hope you don't mind. I exchanged most of your Galleons and Sickles for muggle money. All of your money is waiting for you in a locker at Heathrow Airport in London along with plenty muggle money. The combination for that is also in the envelope. (I really never knew you were that wealthy.) Of course you'll need to exchange currencies in each place you go. I've also thrown in as much money as I could.

In addition to the money, I have instructions in the smaller envelopes for you to follow. I know it all seems unreal and like you're running from responsibilities, but I need you to be safe and out of his reach. Please, Princess. He'll come for you and I can't bare the thought of you working for someone like him.

Sincerely,
Love."

The letter left Arden speechless. She wasn't even sure which part to react to first. Slowly, she grabbed the envelope and picked the passport out. A picture of her was printed on one of the pages along with her information. She took the paper sticking out and realised it was her ticket out of the country. She was shocked that Levi went through all of that for her, that he was genuinely scared for her. A small part of her wondered if she'd see Perrie at the airport too, but quickly shook it off. What danger would she be in?

Before she had time to answer her own question, she heard a knock on the door. George entered seconds later and glanced at the pile of letters on her bed. He raised an eyebrow before he noticed the booklet in her hands.

"I came to check up on you, I know you said you were exhausted but I noticed your light was still on. What is that?" He asked, eyeing the items around her.

Slowly, Arden shrugged. She looked defeated and stressed, and honestly, she genuinely did look exhausted. George took that as a bad sign and stepped closer to her, peering at everything. He skimmed the letter and then frowned.

"I don't know what to do." She choked out. "I don't want to run and leave you all behind. But I don't want Him coming for me, either. Merlin, George, what do I do?"

It took a minute for George to respond. He looked over everything sprawled in front of her and then looked at her. The beautiful girl he knew he loved was torn between protecting people she couldn't even love and fleeing for her safety. The more he thought about it, the more he realised that he rather have Arden somewhere else in the world rather than fighting with Voldemort.

"You run." He finally said. "You run and you don't ever look back."