Chapter 8

Harry woke up to feel his head pounding and his heart rate hammering unnaturally. He blinked and roughly rubbed his eyes in an attempt to stop the blackness from trying to consume him. He tried to lift his head but instead he hit it against what seemed to be the lid of something. He lifted his arms to push it but his arms felt like lead. his entire body was too weak to move. He took a deep shaking breath and tried to feel around for Draco or look around for him at least. If they had been ambushed the blonde could be locked somewhere like he was or worse...

Harry wouldn't allow himself to think like that. Draco was okay. If they had both been captured he was sure that Voldemort would order the-boy-who-lived to be tortured first. Somehow he found comfort in that idea. As long as Draco was okay. He took another deep breath and felt some of his strength come back. It was enough to reach for his wand and realize it wasn't there. He reached to push open the lidded door, but before he could fully open it someone slammed it back down and sat on top to keep it closed.

He thought he could smell Malfoy as the door shut and was happy that his blonde was okay.

His blonde?

Confused and a bit scared Harry began knocking on the door hastily only to have the side of his container be kicked.

"Shut it, Potter," He heard someone mumble from outside. Was that Draco? If he called him Potter did that mean something was happening? Someone was watching them?

"Malfoy?" Harry tried to speak louder but his voice was raspy from both the position he was in and the long slumber he had forcibly been put into.

He heard Draco suck in a breath at the sound of his voice before there was a loud thud and barely audible footsteps echoing around the two.

"It's starting Harry..." He heard Draco whine quietly. "I'm so sorry, love." The sound of footsteps grew louder then quieter again as Draco left with whoever or whatever had made the thudding noises.

Harry tried pushing at the lid again, this time breathing a sigh of relief when it lifted without any opposition. He slowly made his way out of the box and looked around. He was in the room of requirement, but it was pretty late, if the darkness from the windows were any indication of what was truly happening outside of the castle walls.

He didn't hear any talking and Malfoy's intoxicating scent had begun to fade. Harry tried to follow it only to be met by a clear barrier. He knocked on it a few times to see how far out it stretched, but it only covered enough of the room to shield the container he crawled out of from view. He walked around it to see that it was an invisibility barrier. When had Draco learned that spell? Where was Draco? What the bloody fuck was going on in Hogwarts?

He went back over to the container looking inside it and around it for any signs of his wand before he finally found it hidden in a small bucket of broken broomsticks.

"You smell like broomstick polish..." Harry blushed at the thought and tried to keep himself focused on the situation at hand. He didn't know why it made him blush. Maybe it was because coming from Draco, who loved flying, it was practically a compliment. Then he thought about it a bit harder.

Why would an enemy hide his wand instead of just destroying it in the first place? They had taken more than enough time thinking through hiding places in order to keep Harry safe from harm. Not to mention when unknown variables were added into the equation he was completely blocked from view. But the only person with him was...Draco

Harry took a breath and vaguely remembered kissing Draco before waking up in the box. He could feel his temperature rising in anger. Draco had not only tricked him, but he had allowed himself to be taken. He was giving in to whatever dark deed Voldemort needed done to keep Harry safe and that's what really set him off.