*Chapter Six*

Anna

I did it. I can't believe it, but I actually did it. I just finished my last exam and uploaded my last final paper. I let out a little squeal as I stare at the screen of my laptop, feeling tears slowly accumulate in the corners of my eyes.

"Hey, hey. What's going on? Are you ok, Anna?" Tyler crosses the hotel room in a few long strides and kneels down in front of the chair that I'm sitting in. His eyes are scanning me from top to bottom, looking for any sign of distress. He takes my hands in his, giving me a worried glance.

"Everything's ok. Great, actually." The first tear rolls down my cheek, and I have to laugh. "I'm done, Tyler. It's all over. I'm finally free."

He pulls me out of the chair and against his hard chest. His arms wrap around me, while his scent fills my senses. I feel instantly at home and relax into his embrace.

"I'm so proud of you. I knew this would be a piece of cake for you. This is so awesome. Now we can finally spend more time together when the tour is done next week. I can't wait. I've missed having you around all the time."

He smiles so big that I have to laugh. I'll miss not seeing that smile all the time. That unwelcome thought makes me sad, so I try and push it far away. I don't want this moment ruined, especially not when Tyler's hands are suddenly on my cheeks, caressing them lightly with his thumbs.

A second later he leans in slowly, and my eyes close on their own accord when his lips meet mine. The kiss is so sweet and Tyler's lips so soft, that I can't hold back the long sigh that has built up in the back of my throat. Tyler chuckles at that, and I can't help but push my body closer to his. I forgot the position we're in though, still kneeling in front of the chair, and my move makes us both topple over onto the floor. His back hits the carpet with a quiet thud, and I land on his chest.

We have to laugh at the situation, since it's so typical for me to do something like this.

"Man, your laughter is still my favorite sound in the world. I can't wait until we're back in Oregon next week, and I have you all to myself again. My daily goal will be to make you laugh as much as possible. I've been looking forward to that moment for so long now. Just you and me for the whole summer."

Just like that my good mood is gone. He's hit a nerve, and the worst thing is he doesn't even know it.

"There's a few places that I've been looking at online. I need to show them to you later, or do you want to do it right now?"

His excitement is almost palpable, and it makes me feel even worse. I can feel my tears come back, but this time not out of joy.

Tyler's smile falls instantly and he looks at me, his eyes filled with worry. He knows right away that these aren't happy tears either.

"What's wrong, baby? I know I should have waited until you're done and looked at houses with you together. I was just so excited. I'm sorry." His brows are pulled together tightly, and I hate that he thinks it's his fault.

I shake my head, trying to calm down enough to speak. "It's not the house."

"It's not? What is it then?."

"There's something I need to tell you, Tyler." I get out of his embrace so I can sit up.

Tyler follows me into a sitting position. He's trying to keep a neutral expression, but I can see the anxiety on his face. "What is it, Anna? Please just tell me already."

Another sob escapes my lips, as I finally speak the words aloud that I've been practicing in my head for days now. "I'm not coming back to Oregon with you."

*****

What the heck is going on? Did you see that coming? ❤❤❤

Thanks for all the support. 😍😍