Part 16 (b)

Ruthless Obsession
.......................................

" lathika....!! Was that Nivaan sir...??!!  "
.......jayanth asked in a questioning manner...

But lathika was still  feeling  Nivaans embrace..., in her thoughts...

" yess.... It's him.."
.....she said fixing her eyes on the road on vch Nivaan drove  his car before..

" don't mind me saying this lathika...!!
But... i feel his behavior is odd towards you these days.....!!
N yes.. u can share anything vth me...!!  "
.....he said and patted her shoulder.

Lathika then came to her senses and said..,

" Noo sir..  nothing lyk that... n  what are you dng here at this tym...??! "
......she asked him trying to  change the topic about Nivaan sir..,  bcz she felt it very personal to talk abt HIM to anyone  then...

" its Jayanth now....
I'm nt ur manager here...
N i just wanna see you after what sheetal mam did before.... i was worried abt you...!! "
.....said jayanth and both started to walk towards  lathikas house and stood  before the doorstep..

" heyy... woww.... u bought  new shoes alrdy..??!!     Ohh lathika... i didn't expected this...
I thought i would hlp you in buying a new pair.... n  look at you... you have alrdy bought them on your own...
    Bt lathika...!!  they are beautiful....!! "
.........he said vth a smiling face.., checking out her shoes which she just took off..

"  thanku sir... i.. was about to mend my old shoes bt then....."
.....she paused for a second and looked at jayanth who was waiting for her to complete the sentence..
" umm.. and then... i.. changed my mind...!!"
....she  finally said  hiding the entire Nivaan sinhas episode from Jayanth...

" hmm... ok then.. i got to go lathika.... its about to fog again...  "
.....said jayanth and kept his gloves on both his hands and started to leave the place on his 'Avenger' bike making sure to smile at her before leaving....

...........

Its 8.30 pm now and lathika began to clean her room which was alrdy dust free.. bt  in real she wanted to get rid of the thoughts that were making her sweat.... 

Just then she heard the calling bell and  she quickly opned the door to find their Neighbour aunt standing infront of her vth a smile on her face..

Aunt : hii.. lathika.. i hope i didnt disturbed u...
Bt   i can't help it...   actually   we need to go to Mumbai..,  now...  i said you about my daughter.., right..!!    Her in laws had suddenly planned for her baby shower tomorrow.. soo v all need to  go there  this night...!! 
N take care dear...!!
......she said and placed her hand on lathikas head and blessed her.

Lathika : ohh.. woww.. that's great auntie... pls give her loads of love from my side.. n  i will take good care of myself..  u just enjoy ur trip..
.......lathika said and clapped her hands thinking abt the news of  baby shower..

..............

The next day...at 9.40 am... SPH office....

It was yet another busy day for everyone bt  nt for Lathika Menon...,  bcz she has to tell her decision to Nivaan sinha..,    tge decision which she is still unsure abt....

Soo she  decided to hide from Nivaan the whole day as she  had nt reached to a decision yet...

Lathika hided in washroom when she heard Nivaans car  entering the office..

She also did the file as soon as possible and asked jayanth to keep them in Nivaan sirs cabin.., trying to escape  from him.

But surprisingly.., Nivaan too didn't bothered abt seeing lathika the whole day..

..........
It's 5.30 pm now.. and  lyk everyday..,  there were very less employees present in the office who also started to pack their stuff including lathika...

But before she could  step out of her office..,  she heard Nivaan sinhas voice calling her name from behind....   thats it....
Noww it's tym to face him again... bt this tym facing him would be very different... 

"Miss lathika... turn around... I'm talking to you dammit... "
.......Nivaan shouted in loud voice and strted walking towards her..., n the very next moment he stood infront of her  maintaining his official attitude look on his face.

"  soo u started ignoring me...!!  Huhh...!!  Dnt u think it  as a stupid trick...??  How long are you gng to hide from me lyk this...!!

Look lathika... i have alrdy told you clearly.... it's nt that i feel for you..!!  Its just that i feel you different...  bt  just forget it now...   iam nt those kind of stalkers who keep on asking...

  U dnt need to hide from me anymore...
Just forget abt yesterday....   just.... just forget everything....."
......said Nivaan stressing his every word and then left the place vthout caring to listen what lathika would say next...

.................

Seeing  Nivaan heading away from her   made her feel all alone even though she was surrounded by many people..

She felt the void ness fill again in her life as Nivaan  left the place...

She couldn't understand her ownself... she wanted to stop him bt  couldn't possibly say a word...
.................

Comment ur views :)