Not Looking For Love - 17 .

• Danyell's POV

I sat & thought for hours on what I was going to do about this whole Daniel thing .

Ant called a few times but I didn't answer I had to much on my mind .

What am I going to do ?

I'm only 18 and I know they not going to just give him to me .

I knew nothing about keeping a kid but I was going to have to learn sooner than I thought .

So I called the only person who I knew could help .

He answered on the 2nd ring .

" Heey Sean . " I spoke first .

" Hey babydoll , is something wrong ? "

I cleared my throat so I could start the story .

I knew Dyamon would be mad that I called her dad but he's the only chance I have .

" Well um , it's Daniel . Social Services came and took him from the Smiths & I don't know where or how to get him back . "

He sighed . " Look uhh it's late but tomorrow I'll pick you up to go see Daniel and talk . Alright ? "

" Alright . "

The line disconnected and I laid back onto the couch .

I tried calling Ant but it was going to voicemail now .

Welp , guess I can catch some sleep now.

• Von's POV •

After talking to the doc he said we can go see Dyamon . Me , Ant & Dev went . Leak had some Wack excuse on why he couldn't come .

Everybody seeming on edge right now especially Ant he not talking , moving , shit I think his ass barely breathing .

I guess I'll talk with him later . I know something's got to be fishy Anthony's never quiet .

" Ugh , Man this shit ain't real . " Devin spoke clearing the air from the thick silent aroma .

We'd been sitting in Dyamon's room for about 10 minutes now . Devin sat Chanel On the bed next to Dyamon & that seemed to spark her little world because she got to moving and grooving next to Dyamon .

We all laughed at the sight . Chanel was smart for two and she knew more than anyone thought she did .

" Y'all talk to Ramon ? " I asked .

Ant nodded . " He said he'll stop threw if not today tomorrow . "

We all looked at each other and spoke in unison . " Baby momma drama . "

We all sat and laughed at the thought .

" You called Danyell ? " Devin asked Ant .

Anthony shook his head . " I tried her a few times got no answer . " He said waving his hand to dismiss the talk but continued . " I'll talk to her tonight and we'll come back thru tomorrow . "

Me and Dev nodded .

Devin tapped my shoulder with his forearm . " What about the whole Quan thing . "

I sighed and ran my hand over my head . " Dropped him of at the morgue and came here . "

" Damn my nigga gone . " Ant said letting it really sink in .

" It was his time man it was his time . "

" Y'all talk to the FAM ? " Ant asked me and Devin but mainly directed to me .

" Naah , I'm going to handle that in the morning . "

We all nodded and turned our attention to Chanel . She was laying on Dyamon's shoulder fast asleep .

Ant chuckled . " Looks like someone has a new friend . "

We all laughed as a female doctor entered the room . " I'm glad to see everyone is getting comfortable . " We all nodded at her . She was cute , but I ain't got no time for a girl .

" Well any good news . " Ant asked .

" Yeaa , well just a update . " She said smiling . " Well Mr.Devin she's doing fine so far . There is still no promises but from the looks of it , & how her bodies reacting to the medicine she'll be fine . "

" Thanks doc . " Devin said she nodded and left the room . I looked at the clock . Visiting house where almost over . Devin sighed so I knew he knew it was almost time to go .

" Aight FAM I guess I'm Finna go . " Ant said standing .

" Yeaa you know Danyell don't play that shit . " I said making Devin laugh .

Ant laughed . " Fuck you Devon good sir fuck you . " He said flicking me the finger .

" Whatever , but I'm Finna head out to I got some quick business to handle . "

" Aight love y'all be safe . " Devin said before grabbing Dyamon's hand and directing his attention to her .

" Aight one love . " I said exit the room and following Ant outside .

• Devin's POV •

Visiting hours where almost over , I had about 10 minutes but I was only about to use five .

I placed a kiss on Dyamon's cheek . Her body was warm just like it always is .

Chanel started to move a little and I knew she would be waking up soon . So I wanted to get what I had of my chest quick before she got fussy .

I grabbed Dyamon's warm hand and put it inside of mine . " Hey Dyamon . " I said shallow like . I cleared my throat and started again . " Dyamon , I ain't got one worry in the back of my head that you not going to make it . I know you strong baby girl so I don't have any worries . I'm going to make sure you get nothing but the best while you hear which I don't think will be long . "

Chanel started to wake up and I knew she would be hungry so I ended my little speech . " Love you Dy , see you tomorrow . " I kissed her forehead and picked Chanel up .

She started moving in my arms as I walked out the room door . She started pouting and holding her arms out toward where Dyamon was laying in bed .

" No Tink , time to go bye bye . Say bye bye . "

She shook her head no . I walked back over to Dyamon's bed and sat Chanel down . " Give Dyamon kiss so we can go bye bye . "

Chanel kissed Dyamon's forehead and I picked up so we can leave .

I exited the hospital and buckled Chanel into the car before heading home .

I sighed because I had so much on my mind . Dyamon , Leak & Ant acting fishy , Quan , Bridget leaving Chanel , a lot and the stress was getting heavier and heavier .

I needed a break and I need it soon.

I sat at the red light waiting for it to change when my phone rang . " Speak . "

" Damn , no hello to your brother . "

" What leak ? "

" Look something's fishy about Ant . "

Damn he sensed it to .

" I know maybe bro just need sometime to clear his head . "

" Naah , I think he's clearing more than his head . "

" What you trynna say ? " I nearly yelled into the phone .

" I'm saying watch you back . "

" Is that all . " I asked slightly annoyed .

" That's it that's all . " he said chuckling into the phone before disconnecting .

• Dyamon's POV •

- Flashback Moment -

It was hot as hell outside and me , Danyell and dad were on our way back from getting ice cream . We were walking home when a all black , window tented Camaro was tailing us slowly . I guess dad saw the car to because he put me down .

" Heey girls , let's play a game . Alright ? "

Danyell nodded her head licking her ice cream cone .

" Okaay , Remember how we played tagging the tiger ? "

We both nodded and giggled remembering the game .

" Well we're gonna play a game like that but this time it will be different okay ? This time when I say jet I want you to run but I'm not going to chase you okay ? "

" Then why run daddy ? " I asked .

He sighed as the car slowed down getting closer . " Look no time for questions , just when I saw go I want you and Danyell to run all the way home to mommy . Alright ? "

We nodded . We stood stiff as dad watched the car out the corner of his eye . The car got closer rolling down the window and " Jet " daddy yelled .

Me and Danyell took off running full speed home . I looked back one last time and saw my dad with a gun to a dread headed mans temple with a smirk on his face . Me and Danyell hit the corner and Pow .

- Flashback Over -

I'd been having that same nightmare over and over since well since I stepped out the house and looked at Quan on the ground . I didn't know where I was at all But I wasn't woke .

I couldn't see anything but black and white , my body was numb and my
Ears felt clogged with cotton balls . I was trying to make out any and everything but nothing seemed right .

I keep hearing my named being called Over & over again threw the clear white daze . Hearing that sweet , warm voice brought hope to my heart , my mother .

- Flashback Moment -

I blew out the my two digit birthday candles .

" Yaay , my babies 10 now . "

" Mommy ? "

" Yes darling ? " my mother answered .

She was so beautiful . He soft skin , long thick light brown hair , her beautiful full almond eyes .

Pure beautiful , she could wear anything and I mean anything . She would look better in a outfit than some with ten times her beauty . Boy was my mother an eye catcher .

" Now that I'm a big girl can I be like you ? "

I idolized my mother . She was a queen , and my father treated her like the queen he knew she was .

" Of course baby , but wait don't move to fast . " she said stepping out of her red heels she'd been wearing .

I got out of my seat and stepped into her heels . She took the pearls from around her neck and place them on mine along with her red hat .

I smiled admiring myself in the mirror . " I look just like you . " I said strutting back and forth .

She sat and clapped her hands . " Yes baby your just like mommy . "

- Flashback Over -

I knew I wasn't woke or conscious well I don't think I'm alive but I knew one thing . I didn't want to be like like Dezaray Sutten , that wasn't my mother . That was a crack addicted , mad woman . I wanted to be like my mother . The successful black on that raised me to love and be loved , that taught me to stand my ground for everything I believed in , the woman that I can ask anything and she would give a answer so simply I'd wonder how I didn't guess that myself .

The woman who'd seductive fragrance you could smell before you even seen her , and it wasn't any fragnance it was on of a kind and everybody knew it was Dezeray Denise Sutten .

Dezaray Denise Sutten , the woman with the best hugs and warmest kisses
a mother could ever give . That was my mother and I wanted her back, but it was to late . She was to deep into the drugs , she didn't care about hugs and kiss . It was about drugs and not anything else .

Anthon'y POV

As so as I walked threw the door I spotted Danyell on the couch . She had a bowl of chocolate ice cream in her lap . I knew she just woke up , and didn't feel like coking . " Heey , " she said looking up grabbing me out my daze .

" Uhh . " I said off guard . " Uhh , what you looking at ? "she asked with a playful attitude . I sucked my teeth . " Ain't nobody stuntin you . " She laughed . " Never said you were kid never said you were . " she said raising her eyebrow .

I went and sat next to her on the couch . She threw her feet in my lap and continued enjoying her movie . I kissed her belly and began talking . " How was your day ? "

" It was cool . " she replied . " Umm baby I was talking to the kids . " She looked down at her belly and rolled her eyes making me laugh . " Whatever jerk . "

" Takes a jerk to know a jerk . " I said grabbing her spoon and taking a spoonful of her ice cream .

She laughed . " Where you been ? "

" Hospital . " I didn't want to worry her about Dyamon or Quan so I cut it simple .

" For ? Did One of you knuckle heads got hurt . "

I said nothing . " Uhh earth to dumb ass . " she said laughing .

" Dyamon had a accident . "

She sat up . " What kind of accident . "

I continued eating her ice cream . " A small accident , she's fine we'll go see her tomorrow . "

" Ooh , so like she fell or something ? "

" Yea , like she fell or something . " I know I lied but if Danyell knew the truth she'd start stressing .

She leaned back onto the arm of the couch .

" Do you think we'll have this much trouble when we're parents ? " she asked admiring her huge belly .

I ran my hand over her stomach . " We'll have a tough road , but her who doesn't . "

She shrugged . " I want to give to them what I didn't have . "

I narrowed my eyes at her . " You had everything baby . "

She laughed . " Well I did but I didn't have one thing I wanted . "

" What's that ? "

" A mother . "

I kissed her stomach and left the conversation at that . I knew Danyell's background with her mom and I knew it was a touchy thing .

" Well I can tell you this , no matter what they have and don't have they'll always have there mother . "

She smiled and held out her pinky . " Pinky promise ? "

I laughed as I locked my pinky with hers . " Pinky promise . "

• Von's POV

I didn't know how I felt about going to talk to Quan's mom so I went to Meghan's house first .

I knocked and she answered only seconds later .

" Uhh ohh Von hey . " She said unease .

" Heey I know it's late but can we talk ? "

She didn't speak , just stood there looking lost .

" You okaay ? " I asked concerned .

" Umm no yes I'm sorry I was expecting Quan . "

" Yeaa , that's what I'm here about . Can I come in ? "

She stood to the side and opened the door wide enough for me to enter .

Well her goes nothing .

~

After tell Meghan the story and what Quan said she was in tears hold Camille really right .

Camille looked just like Quan . Dark skin , dark eyes and dark hair . She even had his inviting smile .

" No no no this wasn't how this was suppose to happen . "

I rubbed her back , " I'm sorry to throw this at you like this but I gotta go . "

She nodded her head .

I got up still holding the duffel bags .

" Ooh and this is for you . " She looked at the bag confused begote taking it and nodding again .

" Thanks a lot Von . "

" No prob I'll be by tomorrow to check on you guys . "

" Alright bye . "

Devin's POV

Once I got home I put Chanel to bed and went down into the kitchen to think .

What the fuck is really going on ?

I thought about what Leak said .

" I think he's clearing more than his head . "

I know Ant ain't ratting on me . Is he ?

I shook the thought out of my head and directed my head to the window .

- Flashback Moment -

Pow , Pow , Pow .

Ant grabbed his strap and we ran outside .

Dyamon was standing over Quan's body as he said her name . " Dy , Dy . "

Before I could turn my head the shot fired again .

I looked up and Dyamon was falling onto the floor .

Leak grabbed Ant gun and ran after the black Benz shooting .

" Dyamon ! "

- Flashback Over -

Meghan's POV •

After Von left I showered and slipped into one of Quan's old shirts .

What did I do ? What did I just do ?

I really hope it wasn't Rock's Black Benz .

No no no . He was suppose to shot Dyamon not Quan . Quan wasn't suppose to get hurt !

Rocko knew what me and Quan had . Why would he do such a thing .

I grabbed the phone & called Rocko . He answered quicker than I thought he would .

" Yeaa Megs . "

" Rock . " I cleared my throat . " Rocko . "

" What's wrong Meg ? " I could hear him sitting up our of his chair .

" Did you shot just Dyamon ? "

He smacked his lips . " Does it matter I got it don - ? "

" It does matter ! " I yelled cutting him off .

" Meghan you better what it . "

I shook my head I felt the tears again .

" Noo Noo Noo , why'd you do this to me why ? "

He sighed . " Meghan ? "

I shook my head . " He loved my no matter what he loved me and you took him from me . "

" Baby girl you say - "

" I said what Rodney ! I said Dyamon you wanted Dyamon . "

I knew he was mad , he hated when people called him his real name .

" Meghan chilled . "

" No you chilled ! " I yelled exploding into more tears .

" Why'd you do it you knew you knew you knew he loved me ! "

" I loved you Meghan ! What does that count for , huh ?! " He yelled in his deep husky voice .

Rocko , Me & Quan all went to school together years ago . Rocko was a junior when me and Quan were just freshmen .

Rocko and Quan both liked me and I chose Rocko . He was sweet at first but the world turned him cold . So I made him chose me or the lifestyle he was living and he chose that life .

I left with nothing but nothing but a train token and well ended up on Quan's doorstep and since that night we've been unbreakable .

I sighed into the phone . " That's just it . It doesn't count Rock it does . "

I disconnected and slid of the couch onto the phone next to the duffel bag Von left .

I grabbed it and held it in my arms inhaling it's scent it smelt just like the shirt I had on .

It smelt just like Quan . I gripped the bag tighter and held it close and just cried .

I was so blind about losing AJ I I didn't see I had someone there the whole time for me and I sold him out .

" Please forgive me baby . " I said thinking of Quan whiling looking at Camille .

I took the bag and opened it .

It had about 800 , 000 $$ inside a letter and a little box .

I grabbed the letter and opened it up .

- The Letter -

Dear Megs ,

I know if your reading this my time is over . I want you to know I love you princess and even though I didn't I still wish I could have gave you the world . Me and you didn't have the best relationship but you gave me something no other ever could . My beautiful baby Camille and I thank you for that . I hope the news and this letter doesn't cause you to much hurt because that's not my intentions . I write this to let you know I forgive you . Anything you think I might be mad at I forgive you for it and I love you . Now I know that I'm gone now and this doesn't make up for all the things I've put you there in the past but open the box .

- Letter interrupted -

I reached over and grabbed the small box . I ran my finger along the opening line and continued reading .

- Letter Continued -

I never had the courage to give you this in the past , because well I didn't know how you would take it . But I don't want you to be sad I just want you to remember me . So to you babygirl . I love you and Camile more than life itself . Give Camille a kiss for me and let her know daddy never stopped loving her .

One Love ,

DaQuan Reed

- Letter Ended -

I flopped the lid open of the box and couldn't believe my eyes . It was a ring , a solid 7 karat ring .

It even had our date engraved on it .

I grabbed the ring out the box and placed the box on the floor . I slid the ring onto my finger and grabbed my shirt to smell scent again .

I cried and I cried hard . What did I do ?

Oh god what did I do ?

Rocko's POV

" What you gonna do boss ? " DaVinci asked .

I shrugged . " She'll get over it and then . "

" And then what ? "

" And then I get what I want and blow her brains out . "

He shook his head . " She got a kid . "

I chuckled . " Right by that fuck nigga ! Well I ain't showing no mercy to anything created by the roaches ! "

He shook his head again . I laughed and lit my blunt .

" No fucking mercy . None "