16

Holy fuck.

See that was the thing. If I had been just half as poetic as this genius with his damn curls and damn beautiful mind- he who was standing right there in front of me. Well I would probably have been able to keep my head cold and give him a highly academic ass kicking answer, which would probably go down in history and be praised till the end of freaking time. But most unfortunately that wasn't the case.

His green eyes were filled to the edge with annoyance, far past the state of surprise I reckoned. I gulped as I tried believing it was actually him - I had never in my wildest dreams expected to see him again. He was a stranger. The blurry stranger from a bus drive. Another human being my life had briefly encountered. But at the same time my mind kept pointing out the unavoidable truth. How the puzzles fit far too well together. How he was a stranger - but my stranger. How this little object in my hands, which were white from holding too firmly, how this object tied us together in some wicked way.

My mind seemed high on the fairytale like scene being played out in this tiny room. His room. Harry's room. It felt strange even thinking the words. Harry's. But at the same time I felt numb and the blood was leaving my face speedily from the shock.

My thoughts kept on flickering between a horrible nightmare state in which I saw myself from the corner of the room. How I stared at him and were not breathing, stepping back til my leg hit the edge of the bed. But at the same time it was a dream come true. I had found him. I had found Harry. I had found the boy with the beautiful mind. I had found him.

"Harry?"

My voice went up an octave giving it a strange twisted sound, which would probably have made Zayn actually die from hysterical laughter. But not a single muscle in his tense face changed. Not one. The mask carved with irritation did in no way react to my horror-struck word, which was a sad attempt of speaking. But yet - it was at least an attempt.

He took a step closer. My heart was in my throat as my fingers held the journal tighter, as if it was the only item holding him from me. The only item, which could keep him as the blurry anonymous stranger, who would remain passive.

My eyes were fixed on his full lips, as they painfully slowly parted. I could see his chest moving up and down under the white holed shirt as air escaped from his mouth and into the electric atmosphere between us. Merely adding to the unbearable tension.

"How the fuck do you know my name?" Slow. So impossibly slowly. His voice sounding slightly hoarse, but still the words floated into the room evenly and I could sense it as easily as I could usually breathe. Under the surface of each syllabus bubbled frustration. But it was controlled. Controlled and creepily calm, which only made it worse. I would start panicking if it wasn't for the fact that his green eyes held me prisoner. That wickedly enchanting gaze made me freeze to the spot. I could still feel the edge of the bed pressing against my calves and with him standing this close; it felt as if I was being cornered. Cornered by him up against the bed.

"I...I don't...I'm."

His scent was overwhelming. The scent of his cologne and smoke filled up my every sense and made me weaker - if it was even possible to feel any weaker in a situation like this. What was I going to say? Sorry? But I had been looking for him? Hadn't I? Was that so wrong?

"I read it in the..."

That small amount of courage I had managed to gather, was shattered by his facial respond as I literally saw how his emerald eyes turned darker. An even deeper shade of green. Chills covered my entire body.

"...the journal. I read it to find. I tried to... Find Harry."

I managed to breathe again and thanked whatever God I could, that I wasn't completely sober. I was pretty convinced the fact, that alcohol was still intoxicating my system at the moment made me brave enough to talk - or maybe it was stupidity.

What was he going to do? A small part of my brain kept shrieking this. I could scream out loud if anything... but could I make myself heard over the insanely loud music?

"So. Are you Harry?"

a/n: so what is your fav song from Midnight Memories - and why? AND what was your fav part from 1D day? xxx

Please vote & comment. xx