Part 46: The Motel Pt. 2

"You would imagine the last thing on your mind this morning would be to take a shower."

Looking over your shoulder after closing the door to the bathroom you rolled your eyes by his comment and wrapped the towel tighter around your head. He was resting on his back with his phone in his hand, his other going through his hair repeatedly to try avoiding the matted curls in the ends.

"I felt like I needed it." You shrugged, grabbing socks from your shared baggage and decided to throw a pair of his towards him.

Laughing quietly by your reply he ran his hand through his hair one more time and looked above him to take a look outside. The mixed warm honey colors of the sun were creeping in through the curtain above the bed, indicating that this wouldn't only be a great, but also a hot day.

"What have you planned?" You questioned already, knowing that this day wouldn't be just one of the lazy ones. Luke always had something in mind and you needed to know, especially because of his spontaneous ideas that he always seemed to share with you in the last second.

"There's this Christmas marked that opens every year when December starts. It's not far from here so I was wondering if you wanted to join me?" He sounded casual while speaking but you could tell there was almost a hint of nervousness in case of you rejecting.

"I promise the only snow that will be there is fake and coming from a machine."

Smiling softly by his suggestion you nodded your head agreeing and let the towel fall from your head.

Grabbing a hair brush that happened to be his you brushed through the knots carefully, not wanting it to become a problem later on. You didn't have a blow-dryer with you so it was all about letting it air dry but still wanting to avoid the small wavy curls that always seemed to appear after a shower.

"It sounds good." You nodded your head in confirm by your own words and ran a hand through your hair when it was completely knot free and placed his brush back in the baggage.

"It probably feels good too." He added and stood up from the bed to put on a shirt. Running through his bag he found a decent one that fit perfectly for a lazy Sunday, having stripes in dark navy blue colors.

"That almost sounds like an album title." You mumbled while putting on your shoes, seeing him nod his head agreeing with a curious expression on his face but shrugged it off later. The requirements of the motel were to leave before eleven so you did. Luke was protesting at first claiming that cuddle time was every time but you didn't have the time for it.

"Why are you so morning fresh?" He commented in question when swinging his baggage over his shoulder, taking a last look in the mirror before grabbing the key card from the small nightstand next to the bed. Good thing about this place was that you didn't have to clean up.

"When you wake up to something beautiful you can't avoid having a great day already from the start."

He seemed surprised by your words, his eyes widening at first but then he looked down at the ground with a bright smile on his face, showing his dimple. He looked up at you shyly while biting his lip, shaking his head by your cheesiness and headed over to place a soft kiss to your forehead.

"Then my morning must have started out fantastic as well."

Smiling brightly by his words your cheeks rose into a deep shade of crimson red, giggles leaving past your parted lips as you shook your head by him. Wrapping his hand around yours he checked the room once last time to make sure nothing was forgotten before you headed out.

"Wait I forgot something." He exclaimed and stopped right in the door, turning around and hurrying into the room again. You rolled your eyes in reaction and walked around in circles in the hallway, waiting for him to come out while giggling lightly.