Blind Date, Start!

Reinheart's P.O.V

Blood, the stench was awful, but then again, why did I even believe in her...

~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

It was a warm Sunday morning. I felt the warm rays of sunlight peeking through my curtains. I let out an irritated groan as I tried to get some more sleep. My alarm suddenly went up. I grabbed my phone and tried to turn off the alarm. Before, I could turn it off, I saw a small caption saying "blind date today!". It was a bliss, I suddenly jolted out of bed to do my morning rituals.

The dating site was at Donell's, the brand new burger shop downtown, I was scheduled for 6 PM so I didn't really need to rush. I was planning to play some games but before I could do that, I saw something peculiar inside my house. There were small patches of blood that were lining my floor. I followed the trail of blood, and there I saw a mutilated cat lying all over my kitchen floor. Its guts were spilling out and it's neck is barely holding it's head, preventing it from coming off.

I covered my mouth. I was on the verge of vomiting. The corpse had an awful stench. It was spreading all over the house, and I didn't like it one bit.

I tried to take the corpse out, but before I could even hold it, it started to wriggle, suddenly springin to life and was trying to take a good chunk out of me.

I panicked, I grabbed the nearby kitchen knife as the corpse lunged towards me. I swung my knife and in one swift motion, Iopped its head off cleanly with the body, still moving due to the stimuli. After a few moments, it dropped dead on the ground, the putrid blood smearing all over the floor.

While I was catching my breath, I saw a small note on my table top counter where the corpse had rested before it went berserk. It was written in awry handwriting that was difficult to understand.

"Hey, please go to Donell's at 6:00, I'll see you there!"

-Blind Date <3

Now this was creepy, first a mutilated cat corpse wanted to have me for breakfast and the next thing that happened was an anonymous letter coming from my blind date showing up, even though I didn't put my address on the dating sight. I was shocked, nervous, and afraid at the same time. I tried flipping the note and I discovered more to the message.

"IF you don't go, something a lot more worse than that cat would try to kill you. <3"

The message sent chills down my spine. I never knew that the corpse would come from her. But, there was no way I could back out now. If I had difficulties killing a semi decomposed cat corpse, who knows what or who would come after me next time.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•

It was 6:00 PM, I arrived at Donell's and waited in front of the door. Was she here yet? I smiled heartily as the thought of not being late for once crossed my mind. It clouded the fact that I might be the dinner for tonight.

"Hey there!", a girl said to me. Was she my blind date? I never saw her picture after all, and if she was, well she's not really all that I was expecting. She had a cute face but with seemingly dead eyes and a few stitches here and there, for some reason, she also smelled like formaldehyde, but I disregarded it since her information told me that she worked in a funeral parlor with her dad. She wore a beautiful black blouse, adding to the unsettling feeling that I felt for her as a first impression.

"You're my date right?" I said, flashing her a warm smile as she nodded in response. "So, what would you like for dinner?", I asked, hoping to find something about her preferences. She smiled at me and said, "I'd like a full meat burger." , playfully gripping the sleeves of my shirt. She certainly knows her stuff.