Handcuffed to Zander

Chapter 36: Hiding Away from Reality

Song Chapter: Lovesong by Adele

Aria Evans

A warmth of honey brown.

That was the famous color of Zander Bue's eyes, a color I found out I wouldn't get tired of seeing for eternity.

His eyes held so much sorrow but so much warmth, a deep deep goo of mystery that I was oh so loving.

His eyelashes that were darker than ash hovered down to the tip of his cheeks as it ever so slowly shot up again, reminding me that he was still staring back, that he was still breathing and fine.

I felt movement and found his hand in my point of view coming towards my face but I didn't flinch nor did I turn away, he was doing it ever so slowly as if he made a wrong move I would disappear.

He just didn't know that I wouldn't. I was here and I was staying.

Then I felt warmth as the tip of his fingers brushed against my forehead, a swarm of weird feelings shooting up my heart.

Finally feeling his hand swoop in my hair, I let out a deep sigh, finding myself reaching towards his dark locks of hair.

A smirk seemed to slowly fall against his face as his hand caressed my head all the way down to my left cheek, his thumb caressing a knead against it. His eyes seemed to focus on it before he let out a chuckle, his eyes finding their way back to my own.

Finally finding my voice I spoke in a whisper.

"What?"

"You seemed to have gotten some paint on your face."

His voice was deep and raspy from our afternoon nap.

My mind wondered where in the world I could of gotten paint on my face from before I remembered.

His broken down tree.

My sigh was deep as I was woken back to reality, a reality where Zander broke down and cried as I held him to sleep.

"Zander-"

But I was cut off as I felt a warm kiss to my nose before a face pushing against my neck, a hum vibrating against it.

"I'm sorry."

My pause was cut short as I found myself resting my head against his, Zander winning me over once again.

When it came to Zander, I was undeniably weak.

"You know Zander, we're going to have to get up and out of this tree house at some point."

He had pulled away, the warmth in me disappearing completely. He faced me now, his hair disheveled in different directions from my playing hands, a deep frown on his face.

"I know."

I found my eyebrows shooting up at his lack of retaliation. It was weird talking to a Zander that had no obnoxious remarks against my words.

"So when would that be?"

Hearing him intake a breath, I couldn't help but tag along as his face came close to my own, his eyelashes fluttering against my cheek.

"I really hope it's not anytime soon."

"And why not?"

His voice was hushed low, my breath hitching as I felt his lips slowly and softly caressing my ear, his breath hitting it with it.

"Because hiding from reality with you is way better than facing it."

Lips parted, I found myself for a lost of words.

"So help me."

Eyes locking together, I gave him a curious look at his statement, not knowing what he was implying. Seeing my questioning gaze he retaliated.

"Help me get away from reality for a bit, please."

Feeling myself nod, I scooted, if even possible, closer to him, my hands finding a mind of its own as they clamped around his neck, my eyes solely focused on his.

He seemed to let out a small smile as he nudged his nose against my own, his eyes closing down on my lips.

Finding bravery, I nudged his nose back, letting him know that whatever was about to happen was one-hundred percent okay with me.

Finding his mouth near mine, I couldn't hold it any longer as I caught it with my own, letting out a sound of satisfaction.

Finding his arms enclosing around my waist, my body felt on fire at the contact.

Our lips moved in perfect sync as the kiss heated up quite fast.

Opening his mouth, his tongue swept down to my bottom lip, my mouth responding almost immediately. A groan reverberated behind his throat as his hands raveled down towards my behind, grasping it tightly with need.

Oh my.

Feeling my lungs almost burst, I bit his bottom lip lightly, tugging it out before letting it go, giving him one last peck.

Our breaths came out in puffs as I felt his head fall back against my neck, a sigh releasing out of him.

My heart was beating fast and I knew that he felt it but I didn't care.

I could feel his fast beating heart too.

And that's when I knew that my care for Zander was only the beginning of what I truly felt.

What I truly felt was growing.

I was falling for the person that was Zander Bue and I was falling fast.

******

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 3 FREAKEN K. YOU GUYS LITERALLY MADE THAT POSSIBLE IN TWO WEEKS AND OMG ILY! :)))))) 💛