chapter twenty-one // come together.

zayn's pov

"C'mon Linley, we had this problem before, jesus," I groan as I stand outside the porta potty, my arm being bent in an awkward angle behind me as Linley does her business in the small little plastic bathroom. 

Ignoring my complaints, Linley continues to painfully stretch my arm in an angle that it's not supposed to bend in. I wince and cringe in pain, doing all that I can to give Linley her privacy in her bathroom. 

"I can't pee with you listening!" Linley shouts, causing me to roll my eyes, a smirk playing at the edges of my lips. 

She's the definition of ridiculousness. 

"I'm not listening," I shake my head, wishing she would just hurry up and go. People stare at me and give me peculiar looks as the walk past me just hanging around the bathrooms. I give them an embarrassed little wave, trying to hide my face so they don't recognize me.

I could see the media going wild over me bothering some innocent girl as she tries to take a piss. Or maybe since everyone thinks Linley and I are dating, they'd think I was her little bitch, waiting for her to pee like a little lap dog. 

Either way, I wish she would just hurry up. I'll never know why it is girls take literally as long as possible when doing anything. 

"You're too quiet," She whines, still not peeing yet. 

"You're impossible," I grumble, throwing my other hand in the air, not quite sure what it is that she wants me to do. 

Still hearing silence, I groan and give in. I start to hum and sing to myself, being loud enough for Linley to do her business. It's funny how she can sleep in the same bed as me and literally be stuck to me 24/7 but she can't pee knowing I can hear her. 

I sing some of Linley's songs out loud, which probably makes her more uncomfortable than me hearing her pee would. I can't help but to laugh to myself as I hear Linley groan on the other side of the door. 

If irritating one another were a contest, Linley and I would swipe all the awards. It's as if we were put on this planet to annoy one another. 

After a few moments of movement on Linley's side, the door swings open and she exits the porta potty with peace. Knowing I can't hold it any longer, I take a step to enter the porta potty, hoping that Linley is as cooperative as I was for her. The last time I had tried going to the bathroom, I nearly pissed all over both Linley and I. 

I just thank my lucky stars that showering isn't a common occurrence at festivals like these, otherwise we'd have a whole other set of problems. I'm not saying that I wouldn't mind showering with Linley, but I know that Linley wouldn't be so cooperative.

Not that she's cooperative with anything. 

But I don't take a single step inside the stinky plastic contraption before Linley's hands go up to her mouth as she lets out a loud gasp, pulling me along as well. I nearly tumble to the ground as my wrist follows Linley's.

"Oh my god," She hisses, staring with wide, frantic eyes in the distance. 

"I've got to piss," I complain, "Whatever it is, I'm sure it's not going anywhere," I grumble, trying to get my wrist back again so I can relieve myself after holding it for an undoubtedly unhealthy amount of time. 

"It's him," Linley breathes, wearing a look of amazement and wonder. A large smile breaks across her face, causing me to forget all about my bladder.

Furrowing my eyebrows together, I glance across the festival grounds, trying to follow her line of vision. My confusion only grows as I look upon more and more people, none sticking out to me as familiar.