Chapter 14

In the next two months that Char remained as the Fuhrer's 'guest', she learnt a lot about what was going on inside the military, where everyone was, a bit about Alchemy, and some interesting tidbits.

"Homunculi?" she asked innocently to the old man. He nodded.

"Yep. I heard that the Homunculi are all over the place. Why, a few weeks ago one even popped up in Briggs! But the Fullmetal Alchemist beat it back into the tunnel."

"Really? Wow! Is there any other news about the Fullmetal Alchemist?" The old man chuckled.

"Interested in him, are ya?"

Char giggled girlishly. "You're obviously smart!" she said, blushing slightly. The old man shook his head, a wide smile on his face.

"Well, alright. The Fullmetal Alchemist was at Briggs for a while, but then his friend got kidnapped by Scar and he's chasing after her with his brother. No one knows exactly where he is, but there were reports of him appearing near an Ishbalan camp. He's gone again now though."

"Is that all?" Char asked, a little dissapointed. The old man patted her head.

"Dont worry. Maybe one day you'll get to meet him!" Char smiled then said her thanks before walking away.

"So, Ed's alright at least. But what was the Homunculus doing?" she wondered. She wandered upstairs to where the Fuhrer's office was at. Riza sat behind the desk, reading through a few papers. She looked up when Char arrived.

"Finished your wandering for today?" she asked. Char shrugged.

"I wanted to check the files. You have access to them, right?"

"Yes. Why?"

"I wanted to check up on the movements of the Homunculi." She hesitated, then asked quietly, "He wont hurt us if we look, will he?" Riza shook her head.

"When I first started, he said I could research as much as I wanted, as long as I didnt inform anyone else of my findings. No one but the Colonel and a few others would believe me anyway, and none of them are here. I'll give you the passcode to the files and you can look at them when you want." Char smiled her thanks and sat down at the computer, typing in the passcode.

She soon absorbed herself in the documents. After a lot of poking and prying, she finally found what she was looking for. On one document was a list of all the Homunculi along with a picture and status. One of them, Lust, was now classed as 'Deceased'.

Several hours later, Riza nudged Char. She jumped and looked up. "Huh?"

"Come on, we're going back," she said with a smile. Char nodded and stood up, shutting down the computer and following her back to their room. When they got in and had changed, Char turned to Riza.

"Alright, I'm going to teach you a type of Alchemy that only me and my dad know how to use. He created it, so it's brand new. It's called 'Light Alchemy.' The concept is pretty difficult, so if you dont get it immediately, that's fine."

For the next three hours Char taught Riza how to perform the Alchemy that she herself had mastered. Finally Riza sat down on the bed heavily, stretching. "Alright, time for bed. I'm tired enough to sleep for a week." Char grinned then lay down on the bed, closing her eyes and hoping for some nicer dreams.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mummy, Mummy, look!" she cried, rushing towards her mum with Ed and Al beside her. She turned to them.