Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Sam

Today is the day of the barbecue. The whole pack is busy preparing the stuff needed for tonight. Everyone wants everything to be perfect. Some members know that their Alpha has found his mate but others don't know it yet, and tonight is the night that I'm going to be introduced to the whole pack.

I was nervous and anxious to be meeting the whole pack. It feels as if a cold bucket of ice water has been poured all over me. I hope the pack accepts me as their Alpha's mate because I don't know what I would do if they don't think I'm enough to be their Alpha's mate.

Xander is doing some paperwork in his office upstairs. I haven't seen him since this morning, and it's three in the afternoon now. While he's upstairs in his office, I'm here in the living room watching some shows to try and take my mind off the barbecue tonight.

I was watching a movie where the 'good vampires' and 'werewolves' are fighting against the 'bad vampires' who want to kill the human when I heard Xander's footsteps heading my way. I paused the movie and looked at the stairs to see Xander's grinning face. He went to my side and kissed my cheek before putting his face in the crook of my neck, making my face heat up.

"Uh, Xa-Xander? Wh-what are you doing?" I asked him, trying to keep the sounds that want to escape my throat to myself. He looked at me and gave me a crooked smile before running his nose up and down my neck, and smelling my scent.

"Are you ready to meet the pack tonight?" Xander asked, kissing my neck.

I nodded since my mouth suddenly felt dry when he kissed and sucked the mark on my neck, releasing a moan from me. I felt him smile before continuing kissing and sucking my mark, making my wolf purr loudly and making my face heat up even more.

"Xander, pl-please stop," I told him, feeling my wolf fighting for control. I can't give control to my wolf because if I did, then she'll mate with Xander and his wolf with no hesitation.

I felt him growl out a 'Mine' before continuing his assault on my neck. I pushed him away and put some distance between us to calm my heavy breathing. Xander looked at me with his glowing yellow eyes, letting me and my wolf know that his wolf is in control.

I saw Xander's eyes returning to their original color. He ran a hand repeatedly in his hair before going upstairs to our bedroom, slamming the door behind him. I looked at the direction of our room, feeling confused at what just happened.

*-*-*-*

It's almost time for the barbecue now and I'm getting ready in mine and Xander's bedroom. (Outfit above.) I didn't put any makeup except for a little bit of mascara and some lip gloss. I put my hair in a bun and left a few strands to fall at the side of my face. I grabbed my black fats and put them on before looking at myself in the mirror. For once, I felt confident. Nobody's here to say hurtful words about how I look and about my weight. The small smile on my face instantly vanished at the thought of my old pack.

A knock on the door broke my train of thought before Xander appeared by the doorway. He looked really handsome in his white long sleeve button up polo shirt folded up to his elbows, showing his muscular arms, black jeans that fit him really well, and casual black leather shoes.

"Are you ready?" Xander's voice broke my thoughts. I looked at him to see him smirking at me. I blushed and looked at my feet before nodding.

I went to his side and together made our way to the pack house where the barbecue is happening. We went to the backyard where a lot of people are talking with one another, music softly playing in the background and kids running and playing with one another. I smiled at the sight in front of me, feeling happy that the pack members are safe and having fun. I can feel the heat of the stares of the people as we passed by them. Some of them watching me with a curious expression and some of them giving me big smiles. I smiled back at them, feeling slightly relieved that none of them seem to hate me.

Xander went up to the small stage set up for him. He clapped his hands to get the attention of the pack members. Instantly, the talking turned to hush whispers and the kids stopped playing. Xander cleared his throat before speaking.

"Welcome everybody. Thank you for attending this barbecue. I want you all to meet my mate and your Luna. Please come up here Samantha White, my beautiful mate." Xander smiled at me. I smiled back and walked up to where he was standing. I felt nervous, but as soon as I saw him smile at me, I knew I have nothing to be nervous about.

"I want you all to treat her with respect like how you treat me. Make her feel welcome, and if anyone has a problem with her being your Luna and my mate, then you will have to deal with me, understand?" Xander said, growling out the last part.

"Yes, Alpha!" The pack chorused.

"Please welcome Samantha, my mate and your Lun—" Xander were cut off as he pushed me to the side. I looked at him in shock before I saw an arrow hit the spot where I was standing a few seconds ago. A gasp was heard in the crowd and soon everybody was asking me and Xander if we were alright.

"Silence!" Xander's voice boomed with a command, making the people stop talking and show their necks as a sign of submission, including me.

Xander picked up the arrow and sniffed it before inspecting it. He took out a small white paper that was wrapped around the arrow. He read what was written on the paper before he let out a menacing growl, shaking the windows of the house and making everybody flinch.

I went to his side to try and calm him down. I put my hand on his arm and I immediately felt his tense muscle start to relax. I kept my hand there, hoping to calm him down but he was still growling in anger. His eyes glowing a bright yellow. I was about to continue calming him down but I caught a glimpse of what was written on the paper making me freeze and my heart to start pounding faster. Unwanted memories caused by my old pack returning to me all at once and hitting me like a tidal wave.

'We found you. Don't think you could get away from us that easily because even if you try to run away again, we will find you and we will have more fun beating you until you could no longer take it, Sam.'

__________________________________________________________________