#38 - Outed AU

#38 - AU - Outed AU

-...-

   Imagine, in some AU, somebody who knows Onity's secret outs him. Somebody finds out he's an extraterrestrial being and reports him to the government. One weekend day, while Onity, Mike, and Tyler are chilling at home, their house gets raided. 

Now, if Onity had never grown attached to any humans and he was found, he'd probably go with it just to see what happens, but here, now, he has Mike and Tyler to protect, and they're in danger too. They've known this whole time of Onity's existence. They've kept him secret, they've become incredibly close with him, they know things about him that would be valuable. They're going to be targets too. 

  So when their house is raided, Onity's challenge is to protect Mike and Tyler, who are freaking the fuck out mind you, while not getting tasered. Being electrocuted means no powers means failure. In doing this, Onity ends up killing some of the raiders before he is able to teleport away with Mike and Tyler. 

   From then on, they have to live in hiding. Mike and Tyler no longer have jobs to go to, they no longer have a house, and it would be stupid to believe any relative or friend's house would be safe. 

So after finding some secluded place to stay, away from home, away from tons of people, they find out that they're on the news as wanted. Well, Mike and Tyler are, not Onity. In order to find them, the government has reported Mike and Tyler as murderers, saying they killed the raiders that Onity killed. (Take a sec to imagine Tyler's parents and family see that news broadcast, and then Mike's siblings and father somewhere seeing it too.)

Onity has to use his shape shifting to steal food and stuff for them while they're in hiding because Tyler and Mike literally can't show their face around anymore. For a long time, the two are devastated that their life has been taken from them. However, as months go by, and they increasingly get better at living in hiding, they enjoy the not having to work day in and day out, being able to spend more time together alone. They're not bound by any rules. With Onity's abilities, they could hide anywhere. And they literally travel all over the place. 

Some time years later, at some point they leave a letter to Tyler's parents at their house before moving on again. Tyler tells his mom and dad about what happened and that they're okay, but nothing more then that because he's sure as hell his parents are still being watched in case he turns up.