I Promised [Emon]

When the teasing gets too much for Ethan, he has a panic attack in the middle of class and all he wants more than anything is for his boyfriend, Simon, to come and calm him down. 

Word Count: 1544 Words

~✖~

It's another boring day at school for Ethan Payne. To say that he hated Maths lessons would be a complete understatement. 

For starters, none of the equations and sums made any sense to him - in his eyes, they were just a bunch of meaningless numbers. Secondly, Maths was the only class he didn't share with his boyfriend. Ethan slumped back in his chair with a quiet sigh and his eyes snapped up to the clock. There was still another hour and a half until break, another hour and a half until he could see Simon.

Simon. Ethan and Simon had been together for a few months now and if anything, they had gotten even closer. Simon knew everything about Ethan, from his annoying habits that Simon found utterly adorable, to the bullying he sustained in the past which not even his parents knew about. Ethan would trust Simon with his life if he had to, and he loved the older boy more than anything.

Ethan is so distracted thinking about Simon that he doesn't realise that his teacher is calling out his name repeatedly from across the room, bringing all the student's eyes on him.

He's snapped out of his trance when Mrs. Middleton smacks her ruler down on his desk, nearly about making him jump out of his skin. Ethan blinks up at her, then glances around at his classmates, to find that they're all staring at him in wonder.

"Ethan Payne." Mrs. Middleton sneers, being cross with him as she tuts, moving around his desk.

"Yes, Mrs. Middleton?" Ethan asks quietly, sinking down in his chair in a fearful manner and his heart rate increasing.

"Were you.. oh I don't know.. Daydreaming? In my class?" She asks calmly, walking back to her desk.

Ethan's entire face is flushed bright red and he bites his lip nervously, nodding his head. He hated attention. He was close to tears and couldn't bring himself to speak.

"And why, no - what were you daydreaming about, Mr. Payne? Was it your girlfriend?" Mrs. Middleton grins as the classroom erupts into a loud fit of laughter.

"N-no." Ethan defensively stutters, face burning in embarrassment.

"Then, what?" She looks to her student, eyebrows raised.

"Um, nothing," He says quietly, looking down in defeat.

"Alright, Mr. Payne. You like to daydream about nothing. That's a new one." Mrs. Middleton chuckles heartily, her eyes lit up in amusement.

"He's lying, Mrs. Middleton! Payne likes to daydream about his boyfriend!" A student calls out from the back of the room. Oh, god. It's Olajide Olatunji. Ethan looks back over his shoulder to lock eyes with the grinning boy.

"No, that's not true!" Ethan squeaks out, his eyes wide and fearful of what's to come.

JJ bursts out another rude comment and interjection. "Yeah, it is! Were you thinking about taking it up the ass?" He leans across his desk, smirking with glittering brown eyes. "With.. oh what's his name, your boyfriends? Simon? Simon's dick up your ass? Hmm? Is that what you daydream about?" JJ teases.

Ethan's gaze flashes with hurt, mixed with fear due to the fact JJ keeps outing him, which happens to be his biggest fear - the entire school knowing his sexuality. The students around him had their eyes on the small boy, noses scrunched up in disgust.

Then it starts. The panic. Ethan's skin flushes red and he starts sweating, not having control over his own body, for what's about to happen.

Fear floods his chest, enveloping his mind and for a few moments his vision blurs, anxiety kicking in as well. When Ethan starts panting out in quick, short breaths, JJ's playful, teasing stance freezes on spot, catching the sheer panic in Ethan's wide eyes.