Silence

*3rd Person*

Klaus easily slips into her room, she left her window cracked. She always had her window cracked. He could hear the television loud and clear from the next room, Marcus and Jared quietly conversing. But he didn't care about any of that. The thing that caught his attention is the quiet, soft rhythmic beat of her heart. She lays asleep in bed, probably lost somewhere far in her dreams. A small smile falls to his lips as he looks down at her, the room may have been dark but he could see every feature perfectly. He gently brushes her blonde tresses from her face, taking a seat on the edge of her bed. Part of him wanted to wake her, part of him just wanted to leave her to sleep. So she will never know that he came to her, that he couldn't keep himself away from her. However he wasn't sure if this would be enough, he wanted to hear her voice, see her eyes, hear her heart flutter. But this would have to be enough; his eyes drift to the window. It seems rather unfair, that this would be the last he saw of her. Perhaps Elijah was right, perhaps there is no fault in forming a friendship with her. He mentally scoffs. Who is his kidding, he couldn't form friendships, not good ones anyways. His friendships consisted of fear or hate. He gently brushes the back of his finger against her cheek, she stirs and he freezes. He's a deer in headlights when those deep ocean blue eyes meet his gaze. Two enchanting seas, decorated with green sea foam, holding dark secrets in their depths. He can see the hurt in her eyes, it tumbles in waves, disturbing the calm seas he has come to known. She looks away, finding the color of her sheets more interesting. He finds himself at a lost of words, unsure what to say, unable to break the silence. He returns his gaze to the window, more interesting in the curtains. Feeling her small hand on top of his, his eyes quickly move back to her. She gives his hand a gently squeeze, and by the small movement he knew he was forgiven. His envelopes her hand in his, his thumb gently brushing against the back of hers. A small gesture saying he understands, he meets her gaze, unsure what to do. After another moment he quickly disappears, leaving her alone once more.