Chapter #48

Melody: "Kiss the Rain" by Yiruma

~*~

Mahnoor's POV:

I pondered a lot for a long time as I lay on the sofa. In the end, this only brought me to the decision that I will directly ask everything to Moosa. There were many puzzles that are not fitting in any place. With an audible sigh, I got up and prayed Isha prayer. The whole time during prayer, I couldn't ignore the sting in my arm every time I moved it. Perhaps it was because of the shirt's fitted sleeve?

I think it is better to change it...

I stride towards Moosa's wardrobe and pulled out one of his favourite black button-up shirts. After changing into his extra large-sized shirt, I felt much comfortable and it also doesn't hurt much now. But the scent that was coming from the shirt was making me insane. I unconsciously turned around many times in search of him. 

"I think I really have lost my mind." I mumbled, looking at my reflection in the mirror.

'Besides, you look hot in my shirt. You look like... Mine.'

'I look like... His.'

I kept my gaze on the person that is reflected in the mirror. I couldn't believe how much I have changed in these past few months. I was never this submissive nor timid. I behave completely out of my personality when I am near him. All of my boldness vanishes when he comes close to me and I feel like I should surrender myself to him whenever he reaches for me.

I was startled by the sound of the doorbell which quickly brought me back to reality. On opening the door, I found Moosa with a tired look on his face. I quickly walked towards him, mumbling 'Assalam o Alaikum.' He closed the door after coming in and handed over a bag of 'Bundu Khan' to me.

"Wallaikum Assalam! Serve it. I am famished." He said while taking off his shoes.

"What is it?" I asked, walking towards the kitchen.

"Chapli Kabab and Paratha."

"Really?"

"Yes, don't yo-" I didn't hear what he said next because all of my attention is already on the food. Without thinking, I inhale the delicious smell coming from the Kabab.

"This smells so yummy. Love you." It's been ages since I ate Chapli Kabab. 

"You love me or food?" He smirked.

"You." The word left my mouth before I knew it. His track stopped in midway as he gave me an astonished look and then it hits me.

Crap!

I bit my tongue and quickly avert my gaze but the sound of footsteps approaching is making me move to the side until I am finally cornered by his arms.

Great!

"I think I heard something like you love me. Right?" He asked as he slouches to my height. I shook my head in negative.

"So you're going to deny now?" He chuckled.

"No." I abruptly said.

"Then you are admitting that you love me?" His smirk widened.

"Yes... I mean... you brought my favourite Kabab." I mentally face palmed myself.

"Means you will love anyone who brought your favourite food?" He leaned closer. It might be my imagination but I felt his muscles tensed up and his tone of voice change into serious.

"Huh? Wait, no. That's not what I meant." I scowled when he kept quiet and I began pushing him away from me.

"And how can you even think like that?!... First Bhai and now you? Do all men think the same way or I am floozy? " I couldn't hold myself back from shouting and after that, I didn't wait there to hear his explanations.