Chapter 15

Char raced down the stairs, navigating the various hallways. She hoped Riza and Mustang had either managed to beat the Fuhrer back, or had got away; Riza knew she wasnt strong enough to fight him, it just depened on whether Mustang had any common sense, which was highly unlikely.

She raced down another flight of stairs and sent out her mind briefly, searching for Ed. The plan was to go down or up until they met each other, but Char knew there were several stairways. She felt his mind just below her and carried on running, spinning round a corner and throwing herself to the side to avoid some soldiers. They looked at her in shock, then raised their guns and aimed at her. Her eyes widened and she raced off.

"Ed!" she shouted just before they started firing. She dodged the bullets, occasionally using her Light Alchemy to shoot forward and avoid them. She sensed Ed around the next corner and turned, reaching out and grabbing his wrist before dragging him back down the hallway.

"Hey, wait! Char!" he cried as she pulled him along.

"Quick, give me the low down!" she ordered. Ed looked at her in surprise, then nodded.

"We have a Homunculus on our side called Greed. He's agreed to try and fight Bradley along with a couple of people who he calls his servants. Olivier Armstrong, Major Armstrong's big sister, is the commander at Briggs. She's agreed to fight with us as well, and is leading the main assault against the Fuhrer. Al's stopped Pride from joining the battle. Gluttony has been killed, and Envy's been beaten though not killed. Oh yeah, and Father can stop me and Al from using our Alchemy somehow."

Char nodded and briefly closed her eyes. Finally she said, "Alright, you'll be able to use your Alchemy around Father now, as will Al. I've done it for Miss Izumi too." She glanced at Ed. "Some guy said that Winry got kidnapped by Scar. How come you're not worried?"

"Huh? Oh, that. No, it was an act to get Kimblee off our trail and make sure that Winry was safe. Scar's on our side now."

"Okay, you have a lot to tell me when we get the time." She turned a corner and stopped, pulling Ed with her before peering around the corner. There were shouts and a few gun rattles, but the soldiers seemed to have lost them. Char sighed and turned to face Ed.

"It's great to see you again," she said with a smile and he grinned, accepting her hug. She drew back eventually, her hand brushing against his side before she stiffened. She gently touched his side, paling. "What the hell happened?" she asked in a half whisper.

"Huh?"

"Your side. It's been heavily damaged. Even now it's not fully healed."

"Oh, that. Yeah, when I was fighting Kimblee he made the place collapse and sent me and two of his buddies hurtling down. I got speared by a frame and almost died, but I managed to get them to pull it out and then sealed the wound using Alchemy."

Char shook her head. "You make it sound like it's perfectly normal," she muttered, leaning down and gently pressing against his side. A light shot from her hands and soon it was completely healed. "There you go," she said. Ed felt his side and his eyes widened.

"What the hell..."

"I'll explain later. First we need to find the Fuhrer, kick his ass, find Father, kick his ass, find the Homunculi, kick their asses, then find Al's body and get it back." Ed seemed to think, then grinned.

"Sounds like my kind of plan," he replied, and the two of them started off.

They ran down several hallways, avoiding the soliders and trying to find the way out. They reached the courtyard and stopped. Bradley was fighting someone, but Char didnt know who.