Eddard Stark X Baratheon!Reader - Sister (Requested)

"Y/N, why don't you come and dine with my daughters and I tonight?" Lord Stark started as you exited the King's small council meeting together. Eddard coming to King's Landing had been a blessing in disguise for you. You had hated the meetings you had been requested to attend, but your brother had insisted, and so you were forced to suffer through them. Of course, even as children you had been the one who always had their head screwed on straight, knowing that your younger brothers needed some direction, especially Robert who often happened to get by on his brawn rather than his brains. Once he became close with Ned, you had started to relax a little, he was the 'Quiet Wolf', and he helped to steer all three your brothers in the right direction, keeping them in check with your help.

Once the war was over, Ned had moved back to Winterfell to be with his new wife and his children. The bastard was, of course, a surprise to everyone, Ned had always prided himself on his honour, and him sleeping with another woman once he was married was not something you had expected at all, though you were not willing to question it to his face. It wasn't the kind of topic he would want to discuss, not with you, or anyone else for that matter. You went a good nine years before seeing Ned again, you had been married to a high born lord, though you refused to change your name, staying a Baratheon, and you had been widowed, losing your husband after he was thrown from his horse during a hunt. You had mothered and lost your two beautiful sons, both before they had even reached the age of five, and you had acquired a new job in the Capital, working alongside your brother, and the rest of the small council, to rule his Kingdom.

"Thank you Ned, but I was considering turning in early for the night. Besides, I'm sure the girls would prefer some time alone with their father, I doubt they've seen you all day," you told him with a small smile as he shrugged.

"You are like family to the girls, and I have a slight inkling that they enjoy your company far more than they enjoy mine," he chuckled as he spoke making your smile grow. You knew he missed his home, and you felt bad for leaving him when he so obviously wanted you to spend time with him and his family.

"I'll come to dinner, but I can't stay too late. These meetings are starting to take their toll," you told him and his smile faltered slightly as he looked at you in worry. "It's nothing to concern yourself over Ned. I'm getting older, I was eventually going to start feeling the effects of time," you smirked at him, knowing that you were only older than him by around two years.

"You aren't old, Y/N," he hesitated. "Look at Olenna Tyrell, she's still going strong and Gods know how old she is," he added and you huffed as you reached the door to his families chambers, raising an eyebrow at him when you heard the arguing coming from inside. "Gods, those girls are always at each others throats," he told you as he rushed inside, shocking the girls into silence. "what is it this time?" he asked and Arya quickly replied.

"She's a liar, and I hate her," she yelled out only for Sansa to answer too.

"She's a brat and she acts like a stupid little boy," she hissed out at her sister, who turned to glare at her.

"Behave yourselves; you are sisters, not enemies," Ned spoke to them, his voice calm and low. "I'm sorry about this Y/N," he uttered drawing the two girl's attention to you, standing in the doorway. Both broke out into small smiles, Sansa giving you a little wave as you smiled back.

"Not to worry Ned, children fight. I happen to remember myself and Robert almost coming to blows a few times," you paused for a moment, glancing over at the girls with a small frown. "You two should learn to get along, one day you could end up like me, and then your family will be the only thing you have. If you keep fighting you'll push that away," you told them with a sad smile and the girls both nodded silently as Ned frowned at you. They all knew what you had been through, everyone knew what you had been through, and what you were telling them was no lie. Robert, Stannis, and Renly had each had to help rebuild you after your second son had died. He had been called Thomas and was the most gorgeous little boy, with thick dark hair and beautiful brown eyes, but he had been taken ill, and after your husband had died you weren't equipped to deal with the stress of his death, not on your own.