BONUS Chapter 32 - Noah's POV On Christmas

Noah Miller's Point Of View

"Noah! Noah! Wake up! Wake up! Santa came!" I was woken up by the sound of Katie yelling and jumping on my bed. I wasn't ready to get up just yet. I was on the phone with Skylar til about three this morning but it was worth it and I was excited to give her, her gift. As I look over at my alarm clock I see that its six in the morning. Katie always wakes up early on Christmas. "Noah come see what Santa brought!" She yelled and started pulling on my hand.

"Okay, okay I'm up." I mumbled and rolled out of bed. She immediately ran out of my room running downstairs. I was a little worried. With my parents going broke and stuff I didn't think they were going to be able to get a lot for Katie. I mean they've already been looking at small houses for us to move into but they don't even know how we'll be able to afford to move. I sighed and stood up from my bed.

I pulled on a t-shirt and grabbed my phone then went downstairs. When I got downstairs I saw Katie staring at the tree with nothing surrounding it. Uh oh. I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw my mom standing there with tears in her eyes. She just shook her head at me. I turned back to look at Katie but when I did she took off running back upstairs.

"We didn't have the money Noah." My mom said weakly. I turned back towards her and brought her in a hug.

"I know mom. Its okay." I soothed.

"We got one present for each of you but that's all we could get." She said. "I had to sell my engagement ring just to pay the bills for this month. I'm sorry."

"Mom its okay. Calm down. I'll talk to Katie for you, okay?" I said. She nodded her head. I pulled out of the hug and kissed her cheek. I walked upstairs to Katies room. My parents have been struggling with money for almost a year now. My dad lost his job as a lawyer for reasons I still don't know. My mom works two jobs now. She works part time at a restaurant and then works full time as a pre school teacher. So most of the money came from my dad and his job and after he lost it then we went down hill. Chris moved back in too after dropping out of college and now the whole house is crazy twenty four seven.

I walk to Katies room to see her door is closed. I opened it up slowly. I could hear her crying softly making my heart break. Its the same way when Skylar cries. It kills me to see my girls upset. I walked in and closed the door behind me. I went over to her bed where she had her pillow barried in it crying. I laid down beside her and put my hand on her back.

"Hey its okay sweetie." I said softly. She looked up from her pillow at me with her blood shot eyes.

"Was I bad? Is that why Santa didn't come?" She sobbed. I shook my head.

"No, no Katie. You were a good girl. Santa's slay broke down.." Yea, Noah go with that.

"It did?" She asked. I nodded. "So he's late?"

"He might not be able to make it til next Christmas." I said. She frowned.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because its going to take a while to get it fixed." I said. She nodded but I could still tell she was upset. "But I got you something and so did mom and dad."

"Really?" She asked. Her eyes lit up some. I nodded. "Can I have it?!"

"Yea. C'mon we'll go get it." I said. She jumped up off the bed. I got up after her and we went downstairs. When I got down there my mom, dad, and surprisingly Chris was sitting in the living room. I ignored Chris as I walked over to the tree and grabbed the two presents there for Katie. She opened up mom and dads first. It was a Barbie doll and an outfit that matched the Barbie dolls outfit.