04| quidditch

"You got lucky, Clearwater."

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

As I trudged into the Great Hall the next morning, I was instantly overcome by the smell of cooked bacon and eggs — the traditional english breakfast. Everyone seemed rather giddy this morning, which didn't seem to run well with my moody emotions. The moment I slide into my seat at the Gryffindor table, I looked down at my empty plate.

"Not hungry either?" A familiar voice asked, taking a seat next to me.

"Not in the mood, Harry." I said coldly, continuing to look down at my plate.

"Can you just hear what I have to say?" He pleaded, lightly touching my arm.

I jerked my arm back, clenching my jaw, "Talk, don't touch."

"Look, I'm really sorry for what we did." Harry began. "It was wrong."

"I appreciate that you are trying to help, but I get it," I sighed, fixating my gaze away from Harry's. "You guys have a tight friendship. I don't want to get in the way."

"That's the thing y/n. You are in our friendship. We need you. That's why I came over here. We need you with us. It was a mistake to keep secrets from you. From now on we will be there for you." Harry said and smiled kindly.

I looked in Harry's eyes, searching for anything that said he was lying, but there was nothing. He was telling the truth.

My mind raced in thought as my hands clenched together nervously. Taking a short glance over to Hermione and Ron, I wondered if I should even bother forgiving them. But, then again, I've learned that people do make mistakes.

And holding grudges is certainly a waste of time.

"No more secrets?" I ask, hopefully.

"No more secrets." He said and smiled.

Nodding once, I sigh and push myself up from my seated position. As I walked over to take a seat across from Hermione and Ron, their faces lit up with joy.

As Harry took a seat beside me, Hermione leaned over the table, wrapping me in a tight hug.

"I'm glad we're friends again." Hermione said and smiled.

Nodding in agreement, I replied with the same warm smile, "Me too."

───────────────

Weaving through the crowded stadium, I made my way towards the Gryffindor seating area for the first Quidditch match of the year. It was quite difficult to see over the other students, so my eyes tried their best to locate the red colored robes through the crowd.

"Oi, watch it!" A voice spat as our bodies collided.

I look up and meet a familiar pair of blue eyes that loomed over me in anger. Then, as they filled with realization, those blue eyes softened slightly — but only slightly.