Chapter 19 - Why??

A/N. Really Really sorry for the late update. I had my finals and the schedule got super crazy. I promise to make it up to you by giving a faster update next! Hope you enjoy the chapter! :*

Siya needed sleep. She yawned as she squinted at the clock on her desk. Her face had been plastered to the documents she was meant to be reading. Well atleast she didn't drool on them. Somehow the 15 minute nap made her even more drowsy than before.

The latest deal that her team was planning to crack proved harder than they had anticipated. She stretched in her chair and cranked her neck. Her muscles stiff from sitting in the chair all day long.

It had been two nights of camping at the office. She blessed her good thinking for making her personal room here in the office, complete with a shower, a closet and a bed. Realizing she did need a few hours of sleep to boost her productivity, she made her way to the bedroom, only to find Abhi sitting right in the middle of the bed.

He was shirtless. Again! Lately he had gotten into the habit of wearing shorts and wife-beaters in his bedroom. Sometimes he just ditched the wife-beaters. He said it was the crazy october heat, but both Siya and Divya suspected there was more to it.

Divya was of the opinion that Abhi was trying to entice Siya with his fab-abs. Those were her exact words.

The day after their talk last week, they held a press release, announcing their engagement to the world.

"Sir, is this a love marriage then?" one of the press reporters asked Abhi.

"Yes. It took us a while there to realize what we had was true love. Sometimes your soulmate is by your side all your life, but you fail to recognize her. That's what happened with us?"

"Ma'am, please, can you tell us when you two started dating?" Another one asked Siya.

"It's been six months, but it feels like a lifetime." In short the time Abhi had been celibate.

"When did you two realize it was love?"

"About eight months ago, we were in Switzerland for a hackathon sponsorship. Our car broke down in the middle of nowhere. We had to wait with this family - a couple living with their two children - until the mechanic came to fix it . The little boy fell down while playing and scraped his knee real bad. He was wailing uncontrollably. Siya bent down picked up the crying boy, wiping his tears, started humming a tune. In that moment, when she held the little boy, sang to him in her beautiful voice, bathed in the light of the fireplace she looked magnificent. I wanted to stop the time right there and live in that moment forever. I realised I want her to hold a child, our child, and I want her to sing to me, every night. I wanted to take her in my arms and hold her there, never letting her go. I knew then and there that I had fallen. That I had always been in love with her, but was only realizing it then."

It was all Siya could do to not let the shock show on her face and maintain the sick-with-love gaze on Abhi. They had decided to share different stories of how each of them realized they loved the other. But she did not expect this. The way he painted the picture, it was so beautiful. And so utterly romantic. She still remember little Ben's tear-stained face. She had taken him inside the house near the fireplace, his father had gone to get some drinks, and his mother was in the kitchen. He was an adorable baby, with lovely hazel eyes. She had held him close to her chest and hummed 'Lavender's blue'. He had promptly fallen asleep. She remembered looking up to see Abhi watching her intently. He had a look in his eyes, something she had never seen before. Was Abhi telling the truth about falling for her in that moment?