Chapter 52

I heard Alex's phone buzz for a second and he looked at his screen to read the message, "It's from Jack. 'Where are you? Come back to the studio, this song sounds sick!!' Wow I didn't realize that I've been gone for this long. Do you wanna come listen to the song I wrote?"

I agreed as we both walked back inside. Passing Emma by on our way in, she gave me a surprised look when she saw that I was with Alex. I just subtly shrugged my shoulder at her and continued on.

Once we entered the room where they were working, I was met with 3 excited men in their mid-twenties asking me all sorts of questions and giving me huge bear hugs saying that I've been missed. I definitely missed them as well.

We all settled into the seats in the room to give the song a listen.

"Alright man, play the song" Alex told Pete, my co-worker, who they were working with. He gave me a wave hello before pressing play, then clearing the room. I guess he figured that we wanted a minute to listen to the song ourselves.

Alex picked me up off of my seat beside him and placed me on his lap. I didn't fight it or anything, I just let it happen. I could tell that he was starting to feel more comfortable around me now that I wasn't ignoring him. I saw the looks on Rian, Zack, and Jack's faces. It was as if they were silently asking Alex if we were back together. They eventually all gave up and were comparing ideas about the song as we all listened.

I saw Alex's lyric sheet on the table in front of us and picked it up, following along in my head as I heard the song. So it was them playing this song last night. Wait a minute, "I wanna see your face and know I've made it home"? Alex wrote those lyrics on my flowers. This song was an apology song, without him actually saying sorry. But I heard his apology through the lyrics. He may have won me over this time.

The song ended and the boys seemed very excited about their newest creation. It was a great song, probably one of my favorites out of all of their songs so far.

"Press play again, Zack" I said since he was the closest to the sound board "I wanna have another listen."

"No problem. We're going to get Starbucks, do you want anything?"

I shook my head not wanting anything to eat or drink at the moment.

"Okay, see you guys in a bit then" he said before pressing play, him as well as Jack and Rian leaving the room. Typical, leaving Alex and I to talk it out.

The song went on and I felt a warmth in my heart. These words were from the heart, and what better than Alex's amazing voice singing it. I was still sat in Alex's lap, but I leaned back to lay my head on his shoulder. Ultimately, I was silently admitting that I forgave him and loved the song. I think he got the message as he wrapped his arms around my waist nice and tight. 6 weeks without those arms around me...I cant believe it was that long.

"I heard you singing this song last night" I whispered to Alex.

"I had a feeling that you did. And I'm glad that you did. So do I have to say it another time or did you get my apology from the lyrics?"

"Actually, I'd like for you to say it once more." I admitted.

"Alright, Rachel I am so so incredibly sorry for keeping a past relationship from you. Especially one that lasted for a while. In my head, if you didn't know about Tay and I's past, it would have been easier for you guys to become friends. And you were friends on the tour. But I went and fucked things up at the snap of my finger. So I am truly sorry."

"Apology accepted. All of your apologies are accepted."

"Thank god" he squeezed me tight, and I hugged back just as hard, "I thought I was losing you for good."