Chapter 25: Waking Up

I woke up to sun filling the room, but I kept my body turned into the wall. I didn't want to be awake. My body ached in the most private of places and tears rolled down my face as I did my best not to make a sound.

"Why didn't she tell me?" My mom wept from somewhere behind me and my fist tightened around my sheets.

"She wanted to protect you, she always want to protect you." I could hear Leviticus admit as I slowly pulled myself up, not liking to be talked about as if I wasn't in the room. I decided too take another 2 hour shower, another sad attempt to wash him off of me. In a way I thought of Chase as my friend, even if we hadn't talked that much. I never thought of him to b the type to do this. When I got I slipped on my black skinny jeans, black converse and Levi's black hoodie. I didn't bother with my hair, there was no point in trying. 

"You alright sweetheart?" My mom asked when I walked in. I wanted to yell no, tell her I wasn't feeling well and my body ached along with my head. That the bruise on the side of my face stung and my lip burned with fury.

"I want to go see Elijah." I said balnkly as I hugged myself. Leviticus nodded taking my mom's keys and heading downstairs with me. I honestly would've rather driven myself, but I knew I was to shakey to be behind the wheel, especially since I hadn't been behind one since thanksgiving break when I got my license.

"Did he..." My brother dirfted looking at me only a second before turning his attention back to the road. "Did that guy... ya know?"

"He raped me. In my own room." I replied in a tiny voice. "He died inside me... I felt his souls leave his body."

"Raine I'm-"

"It only took one bullet." I cut him off with no emotion. The rest of the car ride was silent and when they searched my for any weapons I flinched and Levi explained why. "Wait out here okay."

"Yeah sure, I'll be here when you're ready." Leviticus nodded as I headed towards the vising area. A metal table sitting in the middle of the room, screwed down to the floor, the same for the chairs. 2 guards near the doors, Elijah's hand folded.

"Hey." I spoke quitly walking slowly before sitting in the chair on the opposite side of the table.

"Raine. How'd you sleep last night? You okay?" He asked locking his eyes onto mine and before I knew I was crying. I could see it all over again, him standing there with the gun, Chases on top of me, insides me, raping me. The gun fired off and his dead body falling flat. Elijah killed someone.

"I slept." I frowned shifting in my seat.

"They say there's some doctors who are gonna look you over today. They didn't want to do it last night, they got samples of his semen off your bed and..." He drifted seeing that it was bothering me to talk about any of this.

"How long, will you be in here?" I asked trying to change the subject. My mind was racing at the thought of doctors probbing at me and officers asking me questions.

"Until they prove I didn't just murder him to do it. They have the phone call and everything so i'm only looking at a week or so, nothing too big." He sighed reaching his hand across the table towards mine, I moved back. "You okay?"

"No." I admitted quietly. "I keep seeing it over and over in my head, you shooting him. I felt his soul leave his body, he was in me when he died."

"Baby..." Elijah sighed searching for the right words. 

"No Elijah. No." I sniffled not knowing what to say next. My heart beating inside my rib cage as tears began to flow down my face. "I can't do it, I can't date a murderer."

His eyes glued to the table and I could see tears  hitting it and hear him sigh. "I only did it for you, I promised not to let anyone hurt you."

"I know." I whimpered cupping my hands to my face, everything was so mixed up but I knew I needed to get out of here. "I'm sorry."

"You're breaking up with me." He stated rather then asked and I nodded my head as I saw his sadness go to anger.

"I'm still going to help get you out of here. You don't deserve to be here." I admitted closing my eyes tight, not being able to lookj at him in the eyes and know he was this angry at me. 

"Do you know how hard it is to have a girlfriend who's a rape victim Raine? Do you know how hard it is to walk in on someone raping her, after you told her you wouldn't let anyone hurt her?" He asked, his voice filled with venom. "I aimed and I fired, and I'd do it again. If it meant protecting you."

"I'm sorry, but I just... I just can't." I frowned getting up and walking out. Eyes to blurry to look back as I ran down the corridor and back towards the waiting area. 

"Raine, Raine, what's wrong?" Leviticus asked as I ran into his arms, crying so hard my body shook against him.

"It's over." I cried gripping his shirt as my body shook harder and my weeps turned to hiccups. 

"He broke up with you!?" My brother asked, anger and shock lacing his voice as I shook my head.

"I ended it. I..." I took a deep breath trying to control myself. "I'm stained, and he's a murderer."

"You're not stained okay? You're not." Levi explained trying to calm me. "He only did it for you."

"And I ended it for him." I frowned. As we climbed into the car Leviticus explained we had to go to the hospital and after that the car ride was silent. I walked in and stripped down letting them do the test without refusal. Soon enough a officer walked in with a a flip pad.

"We're going to ask you some questions if that's okay with you Raine. Are you okay with that?" She asked sitting down across from me. My mother and doctor standing on the far side of the hospital room.

"Yes, that's fine with me." I huffed without emotion or care.

"How long have you been seeing Elijah Storm?"

"6 months."

"How long have you two been friends?" She asked.

"Since September. Before that we were just acquaintances."

"How long have you known Chase?"

"Since he raped me the first time, early September. I didn't realize it was him at the time." I frowned.

"Did you ever see him before that?" She asked.

"Yes but I only knew his name, I didn't know him much at all."

"Has he been stalking you?" 

"On and off."

"He kidnapped you once correct? Why didn't you report him?"

"I was afraid and I thought he'd kill me."

"I think that's enough questions." My mom frowned butting in.

"Is Elijah gonna be okay? He's getting out right?" I asked afraid the answer could be no.

"With all the evidence we've collected, he'll have a trail in a few days an he should be out." she smiled before leaving. After her visit I wanted to be alone, reluctantly my mom dropped me off in the hotel. I crawled into bed and laid there, still and silent as I let myself shake with tears before sleep started to take over me. I wanted Elijah to be ther, cuddling me and telling me it was going to be okay. But I knew, I knew he was I would be more afraid then comforted by it. I held my breath and let myself pass out only to wake a few minutes later. I walked to the bathroom and grabbed my mom's medicine bag, taking 2 pain killers for my head and body, and 2 sleeping pilled to knock me out. I crawled back into the blankets and cried as the medicine did it's job.

It was over. We, we were over.