Chapter 20

The raw emotion of pain flashed over all her features as Manik stared at her. He was absolutely still. What the hell had happened in his life? When did all these crisis got on him? The series of unanswered questions swirled in his head.

Harshad asked ,"So how come I get this sudden surprise.", with a grin marked across his face.

"Some one just screwed up with me.", Soha replied.

"Really are you talking of Manik?", Harshad was amused.

Soha hummed. "Poor boy.... He cries and I laugh. So what did he do?", Harshad was enjoying it.

"He is fooling around with some other girl.", Soha replied.

"Oh... Come on Soha let him. He is a guy with too much bad luck. First he had to marry you. Then he is now parenting my daughter and I am enjoying with his wife. Give him a break.", Harshad blurted out.

"I don't care him hitting other gals or so. But I had to show or at least act as if I am angry. Otherwise he would easily understand I am cheating on him.", Soha stopped for a little and continued," Then who is going to carry the responsibility of your baby.....Not me nor you. We need him....".

Harshad let out a laugh," He really thinks that Mannat is his daughter?"

"Yea...

The memory shook the whole of him as reality came crashing down. He held his head within his palms and pressed. His head was throbbing with pain. The earlier flashbacks were causing the same attack that he had in the morning. Caging his head within his hands he let out a grunt and collapsed on the ground.

Nandini got hold of his shoulders but he was too heavy for her. She let him lie down on the floor and rushed to get some water. She sprinkled a hand full of water on his face rubbing his face. All her anger and displeasure vanished when she saw Manik, her strong man so vulnerable. She never had imagined something as bad as this would occur. As the trembling and shaking stopped Manik slowly opened his eyes to find Nandini staring back at him with worried eyes. She pulled him into her arms and pressed her head to his neck as she kept on whispering," Manik I am so sorry. I shouldn't have let my temper flow. I just got so disturbed that I almost forgot how hard was all this for you. I am so sor—", but before she could continue something stopped her.

Warm drops were falling softly on her neck as his body shook a little letting her aware of his quite sob. She just couldn't keep up with this new Manik.

One time he is angry, the other time he is crying his heart out like a lost soul. No composure, no holding back. Earlier Manik had almost never let her see this vulnerable him. He had handled himself like a man not letting his problems touch her or worry her. And she knew why. Because he loved her and cared her and wanted her to be the happiest. And in a way Nandini was happy, she was content.

But now, getting to hold Manik as he sobbed his pain out to her was something completely different. When ever she was hurt or pained Manik was always there with open arms to hold her and calm her down. But when Manik was the one with problems, he locked himself out or excused himself away to deal them all by himself. And now when she has her arms wrapped around him rubbing his back as he opened to her completely made her feel something beautiful. It made her feel that he needed her. He needed her when he was hurt, he needed when he couldn't handle more, he needed her when he was confused and was left alone.

It wasn't such that Manik made her feel not wanted before. He made her feel happy and content, just plain old normal content that every girl wished for. But now he is hurting her, pushing her away pulling her back to himself and giving her something much more that just content. This wild, untameable and raw Manik attracted her more. Made her fall for this one more.

She slowly kissed him down his face wiping away his tears slowly. Manik pulled her away so that their eyes met.

The deep ocean of pain made Nandini flinch.

"You wouldn't leave me even if I am broken, would you?" His voice was hoarse.

"No Manik I would never leave you.", she said firmly caressing his cheeks.

"But what if you did. No one wants a broken person to burden themselves with. I never wanted to be broken. Never. I was always the guy who had everything under himself. In school I was the star kid that every parents wanted, in college every boy admired me and every girls wanted me to be theirs. I dreamed I would be this great singer doing concerts all across the worlds. People would be shouting my name as I climbed the stage and as soon as my fingers laced the strings of my guitar, the world would be mine. I would have this perfect family with the girl I love and have a little me and hers running across the room making the house turn into a home. Why didn't I get these Nandini? Why? I was working my best towards it. Then why was these snatched away from me Nandini why?", he kept blabbering his heart out.

She never got to hear this sweet little confession ever before. She looked down at his fearful eyes. He was not the great Manik Malhotra the owner of Malhotra Industries. The world renowned business man, with the happiest family. Now he was just Manik, a mere no one who had all his dreams shattered by the cruel reality of life.

"I don't know why Manik. I just don't know. All I am sure about is I love you, I love you more than anything in this world and I am never letting you go, however broken you are, cause I need you as much you need me. I love so very much." She pressed her lips onto him showing how much her words mean.

A full manan chappy. I don't know how is it. I just wrote as I felt. I am trying to make Nandini fall for two different guys. One the composed, always caring for other, loving Manik and second the wild, non composed, vulnerable Manik. Hope you people can relate it. And thanks a lot for your amazing support and love that you guys keep showering me and my stories with. Love you all..... Happy reading.