The Manor

The drive is taking forever. I drum my fingers impatiently staring at the window.

"You want to tell me what's going on?" Jared questions glancing over at me.

I shake my head. "I don't know, something's going on, I-I just got to make sure he's okay." 

"Elijah? I'm sure he's fine Serena."

Before a can answer I spot a manor in the distance. It's quiet impressive I've never seen the outside before. Come to think of it I haven't really seen much of any of it. Before Jared can even but the car in park I'm out the door.

"Serena!"

I quickly head up the steps, I'm about to open the door when Jared appears beside me, grabbing my hand.

"Are you insane? What the hell is going on with you?"

I give him a sightly glare, I raise my fist giving the door a hard knock. A few moments pass and there's no answer.

"Doesn't seem like there's anyone home."

I quickly open the door stepping inside.

"Serena." Jared hisses quickly following me in. 

"Elijah?!" I shout looking into the other rooms.

"Serena." Jared states grabbing my shoulder. "Let's just leave-"

"Serena." Jared and I quickly turn to the sound of his voice. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

I push Jared away walking towards him. He has dark hair and warm brown eyes. He's tall with broad shoulders, a similar built to Marcus. He is dressed in a dark suit.

"Where is he?"

"Serena." Jared sighs pinching the bridge of his nose, not impressed by my manners.

"It's quiet alright Jared, we did not exactly have the best conversation early."

At the comment Jared perks up a bit, giving me a curious look.  

"Elijah, please." I beg slightly defeated.

"I don't think it's a good idea that you see him right now, he's not quiet himself at the moment."

"Klaus?" Jared questions bitterly. "We're here because of Klaus?"

Elijah stares down at me, I guess it was the look in my eyes because a moment later he lets out a sigh. "Very well." He states. "But I have to warn you-"

"There's no need to warn, cause she's not-"

"Enough." I snap, glaring at Jared. 

"Perhaps I should explain." Elijah begins causing us both to look to him. "My brother hasn't been." He pauses looking for the right word. "Well this last week or so."

Jared and I stare at him in silence wait for him to continue.

"You see Serena, my brother has gained quiet a few enemies" He beings. "And it seems that a rather nasty and power witch has hexed him."