T w e n t y F i v e

T W E N T Y   F  I V E

:The drive from Wayne manor to the Hernandez households beloved home was agonisingly painful, but not as painful as Scarlett conversation with Jake that night

:
The drive from Wayne manor to the Hernandez households beloved home was agonisingly painful, but not as painful as Scarlett conversation with Jake that night.

Jake made it clear that he didn't wish to speak with her, even closing his bedroom door completely at night.

Once he saw her gobble through the door clutching his mother for support he scoffed, turning an eye as he showed her no sympathy for her actions.

After all he had warned her of the consequences.

But without her knowing it hurt him to see her like this. He hated how fragile and icy their friendship had turned, always walking on glass in bare feet as if they couldn't amend it.

Mrs Hernandez has placed Scarlett in house arrest for a couple of days so that she could recover. But two days wasn't seemingly enough. But Scarlett refused to skip out on this day, refused to stay in bed and waste away into nothing waiting to regain her full health.

A faint knock on Scarlett door disturbed her from her train of thought, her eyes lingering on the mid length black dress hanging from the back of the door, intricate lace patterns covering it from top to bottom.

"Scarlett, are you awake?" The soft voice of Mrs Hernandez spike softly through the crack of the door.
"Uhmm"
The door creaked open revealing Mrs Hernandez in a beautifully tailored black fitted dress, her opal earrings in her eyes with her medium length light brown hair pulled into twisting curls moving in fluid bounces as she walked.
"I know this is going to be a tough day for you. All of us are here if you need us sweetheart" her warm hands clasping a hold of mine after she set the small tray of breakfast down on the bedside.

"Thank you Mrs Hernandez—."
"Scarlett you know to call me Jennifer or Jen."

A small embarrassed blush found Scarlett cheeks as she tried to shy away. Afraid that she'd get hurt, or she'd hurt them.

" sorry Jen. I'll start to get ready now."

Jen left the room leaving behind the smell of roses and sympathetic smiles.

I stood there before the full length mirror, sleek black heels in hand. My small petite frame reflected back to me blanketed in colour is death.

My chest covered in the darkest lace leaving little to imagine if my concealed chest, my flesh peeping through the fabric. The soft midnight fabric cascading down the bodice falling like a waterfall to my knees. The lace material growing from my upper chest to across my shoulders to the joints of my wrist, my back left open to the chilling air of  my room. Everything around me feeling like death.