029

Twenty-Nine | How Not To Kill A Mikaelson

It was afternoon and I'd managed to pull myself out of bed around ten minutes ago. I walked out of my bedroom in the boarding house with my phone pressed against my ear, "Haven't heard from you in a while, Bon Bon. How are you?"

"I'm good." Bonnie responded on the other end, "Esther visited my mom and I this morning."

"She did? Why?" I asked, confused. Before I could let Bonnie answer, I could hear Elena downstairs, "Hold on, Bonnie."

I moved the phone away from my ear to listen in, "You should know that Esther is planning on killing her entire family. She's linked them all together with a spell. Whatever happens to one, happens to all of them."

"Well, that's great." Damon sounded cheerful, "Klaus will finally be dead. We win. Why do you look like someone just shot a panda bear?"

I quickly pressed the phone to my ear, "Bonnie, I gotta go. I'll call you later."

I ended the call, listening to the conversation again. Elena answered Damon, "Uh, because to kill Klaus she has to kill all of them, including Elijah."

With that, I vamp ran downstairs to the front door where they were both standing, "What the hell did you just say?"

"I, uh -- "

I frowned at the pair of them, "When were you gonna tell me? After they died? "Oh, yeah, Cassie. The Original witch bitch killed someone you've only just got back, along with the rest of his family. Have a nice day."."

"Cassie, listen." Damon started.

"No, you listen. I have no family, the closest thing I had was you, Damon and now we hardly even talk. Then Elijah came back and it made me happy, but now you're telling me that his own mother is planning to kill him." I yelled, tears trying to fight their way out my eyes.

"It has to happen. That family has caused so much pain to this town." Damon said.

"I don't care." I screamed in anger.

He frowned at me, "Don't do anything to screw this up, Cassie."

"Why are you taking her side?" I sobbed.

Stefan walked in, "He's right, you know. Klaus has to die. They all do."

I wiped my eyes and stood up straight, glaring angrily at them all, "You can all go to hell." I backed towards the front door before turning and storming out.

▂▂▂▂

I downed a glass of scotch, wiping the excess from around my mouth after. I slammed the glass onto the bar surface.

"Cassie, slow down. That's the fourth one you've had." Alaric said, sitting two seats from me at The Grill.

"What's the point? It's not like its gonna kill me." I replied in a monotone voice.

Alaric's phone began to ring. He looked at me, as though he was concerned, before pulling it from his pocket and answering it.

"I have no idea what happened but you can't just drink away the pain." Meredith said from beside me.

"Watch me." I replied, leaning over and taking a full bottle of bourbon from behind the bar. I poured it into my glass and took a long sip. Meredith pulled the glass out of my hand. I frowned, "Hey!"