TWENTY ONE

Trigger Warning: this chapter contains content mentioning the topic of sexual assault, if you are uncomfortable reading this topic please skip this chapter

"The Yule Ball always accompanies a tournament as a way to get to know and socialize with our foreign guests. The Ball is open to all students fourth year and above, although you may invite someone from a younger grade. It will be on the twenty fifth of December." McGonagall told us at the end of our transfiguration class, just three weeks before Christmas. Everyone was suppose to be putting down our names this week if we wanted to go home but I guess now everyone would want to stay. The bell rang and we all started to gather our things and leave.

"Please remember that this is a fun event but I will not tolerate bad behavior! Class dismissed,"  McGonagall called over the scrapping of chairs, "Miss Evans, can you please stay behind for a moment."

"You guys can go to lunch, I'll catch up." I told my friends. Was she going to ask me about what happened? Did she hear? Would she believe me? I slung my bag around my shoulder and walked up to the teachers desk.

"The Yule Ball requires the champions to open the ball, a first dance if you would like it. I was just giving you a heads up about making sure you find a partner." I also sighed in relief, so she wouldn't question me. 

"Alright, thank you Professor." I told her and turned around.

"Miss Evans?" I paused, "Is everything alright?" I closed my eyes, turned around and gave her a smile.

"Everything's fine."

"And that mark on your cheek?" She asked concerned. I knew she would bring this up.

"Just tripped. I'll get it looked after." I told her and hurried away before she could question me more. Outside the classroom, I took a deep breath. I just wanted this bloody welt to go away. everywhere I went, people looked at it and questioned it. It was something that was in my past, and I wanted to leave it there.

"Eliza! Eliza!" I heard someone yell. Not just someone though, it was them. I walked faster, trying to get away from them. Until Kosta grabbed my arm, forcefully.

"Let me go you bloody maniac!" I yelled at him. Some people in the hallway stopped to see what was going on but I kept walking. They tried to stop me again.

"Stupefy!" I pointed my wand to the five boys. One after another they dropped unconscious, hitting the floor, but I wasn't done. There was anger coursing through my viens and it needed to be expelled. One by one, with use of a permanent sticking charm, I stuck them to the wall. After I had finished, I took out my ink well and dipped my finger into it. I then started to write words underneath them all.

THESE BOYS HAVE MADE OBSCENE REMARKS AND SEXUAL ADVANCES IN THIS HALLWAY
DO NOT TRUST THESE SEXUAL HARASSERS 

I put my ink back into my bag and walked away. I felt my body shaking and fingers trembling. But I felt exhilarated, like that gesture just made me feel powerful. 

"Lizzy! Hey, are you okay." I got stopped again. All I wanted to do was eat my lunch without any more interruptions.

"Lizzy! Eliza, wait!" It was Sirius, and he sounded very stern right now. I stopped and planted my feet on their spot. 

"What do you want?" I asked him, tiredly. He placed a hand on my arm like he was trying to comfort me. 

"You're shaking. Are you okay?" I took a deep breath, looking him in the eyes. I hadn't really realized that they were pretty. They sparkled when the light caught them.